Chaosforge Forum

• June 24, 2024, 05:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: The Nuke  (Read 9654 times)

Visalos

• First Sergeant
  • Former Imp
    • View Profile
Re: The Nuke
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 15:07 »

No throwing a nuke down the stairs, you weenies. Yes to a disarm command, that just makes sense.
The demons will never forget the Marine who charged -screaming- through seven layers of hell wearing nothing but a nuke and blue boots.

Anarchic Fox

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 16:24 »

No throwing a nuke down the stairs, you weenies.

What's your reason for objecting?

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 17:59 »

While I like the idea of getting exp for the nuking of a level before, I don't like the idea of neither bomb dropping ( would be too easy ) nor disarming ( this is a friggin nuke people! ).
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Visalos

• First Sergeant
  • Former Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 01:12 »

my reason for objecting is that it's just too damn easy. you want to nuke a level you're not even on? play AoRA. you want to get XP for pushing a button and running like a rabbit? I don't think any example of that exists anywhere. The road to humanity's salvation is paved with the bullet-riddled corpses of Hell's legions, each face or rectum bearing Doomguy's bloody bootprint. Which reminds me, can we PLEASE have a corpse-kick? and kornel, i know someone who worked with tactical nukes in the army, i'll ask him if they had a disarm code. sure he had to sign a paper stating that he forgot everything he knew about it, but whateva :P
The demons will never forget the Marine who charged -screaming- through seven layers of hell wearing nothing but a nuke and blue boots.

Visalos

• First Sergeant
  • Former Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 01:14 »

oh. and sorry, i meant 'no throwing a nuke UP the stairs, you weenies.' yes, nuking the level in advance is even worse.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 01:16 by Visalos »

Anarchic Fox

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 04:49 »

Thanks.  I'm ambivalent about the idea, myself, but Kornel has spoken.

rekenne

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 18:18 »

The road to humanity's salvation is paved with the bullet-riddled corpses of Hell's legions, each face or rectum bearing Doomguy's bloody bootprint.

That is a great, great quote. Kudos.

Visalos

• First Sergeant
  • Former Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 12:42 »

The road to humanity's salvation is paved with the bullet-riddled corpses of Hell's legions, each face or rectum bearing Doomguy's bloody bootprint.

That is a great, great quote. Kudos.

KUDOS!? OM NOM NOM NOM NOM

thank you, 'twas yummy :D

Visalos

• First Sergeant
  • Former Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 13:53 »

yup, real tactical nukes can be disarmed. at least the old ones could. thing is, arming them in the first place was a delicate and tense procedure, same for disarming; one had to manually prime the thing and one sneeze put you at ground zero. i'm sure they've refined it to a simple keypad kinda thing by now. considering how rarely one would actually CHOOSE to disarm a nuke, i think the ability to do so wouldn't affect the game too much. on the other hand, in DoomRL those things are on a ten-second timer. not a lot of time to push buttons.
Pages: 1 [2]  All