Chaosforge Forum

• May 21, 2024, 19:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: Machine Spirit PBF  (Read 121527 times)

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
Re: Machine Spirit PBF
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2009, 14:23 »

"Agreed. I can take the rearguard.", answered The Outcast, a bit sad and disappointed that he can not participate in the midst of mauling.

"On suggestions for obtaining more combat gear, you can sell my collar. It makes me think slower and is worth approximately fifty thrones, which is almost enough for a cheap flak armor. It has a slight sentimental value for me, but I can put up with it...", proposed the Eldar, smiling yet talking seriously. "If those are gas grenades, maybe we do not need that many ? They can be worth pretty much also. I can resign of that laspistol, too - I have never been good with short weapons and this toy can be worth even more.

The thing is, do we have time for arming ourselves. We might as well shoot or stun a few guards just to rob them of their weapons, to proceed later with an attack. Yet, any breaks, even for purposes of arming during the action may bury our chances, right ?

There is also one thing we might do, but only if we are desperate. Annexion, that is."

"And someone has to stay here with our prisoner. Brother Constantine, maybe ?"

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2009, 14:37 »

"She can sleep while we're gone. Put a blanket, a pillow, and a few CS bars in her cage, and she'll be fine until we get back," Halsted replied with a shrug. "We will procur equipment on site as is necessary and as time allows. If we can slag the first few guards without raising alarm, I'm sure we can spare the time to relieve them of armour for you lot to wear. Looting for purposes of financial gain is to be done after the fight and by the numbers. But we are not stopping for shopping on the way there, or breaking off a fight to pick you up a new hat," he added.

"Unless our leader declares otherwise, of course," the guardsman added quickly, glancing in Laz's direction.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2009, 14:40 »

- Tobias is absolutley correct, nothng here to add... - Laz calmly replied.
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2009, 14:46 »

Silharriel came upon his locker and pulled out the rest of corpse-starch, he took also a blanket from his bunk. As gently as he could, he walked to the cage and pushed these items inside, between the metal bars.

"Hope you will not poison yourself to death, miss.", he sneered, standing up from the crouch.

"What ever you decide...", he answered after a while of slowly walking around the room and pondering. "I draw your attention to the fact that not sounding the alarm without silenced weaponry may be nigh on impossible to accomplish. Unless we backstabbed them, which is nearly as hard, due to fact they expect the counterstrike. Now, let us keep moving, maybe ? Every second is worth gold now..."

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2009, 15:03 »

"In case you failed to notice when we were playing tag with the gladiator-skull, lasguns don't make quite so much noise as you'd expect from a slugthrower. If we keep the guards themselves from making too much noise, we should have a chance to take out at least a couple of them before a general alarm is raised."
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2009, 01:10 »

"Ah, my bad. I was more paying attention to accurate shooting than listening to sounds made by lasguns...", explained the Eldar. He knew weapons of his kin were silent and deadly, yet he was unsure about mon-keigh firearms.
"If so, it is great."

Passionario

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2009, 02:28 »

The psyker seemed oblivious to the men's discussion of weaponry, ammunition and tactics. Instead, she appeared to be focusing on some internal struggle, her eyes closed, and her face constantly twitching and frowning. Finally, she reached some decision and addressed her companions:

"There's one more thing that you should know. In addition to healing, I can do... other things. Some of them are more dangerous than others. Some of them don't discriminate friend from foe, and should only be used as a last resort. I hope that we won't need the latter, but if things go completely ploin-shaped, we might have no other choice."

She took a deep breath and continued:

"If at any point during the fight you hear me say, scream or shout the word 'Behold', immediately turn your eyes away from me. Look at our enemies, at your guns, at the floor or just close your eyes altogether - but whatever you do, don't look at me. Assume that a single glance will turn you into stone - a living, conscious stone forever locked in a soundless scream."
Who do you send when Warp can't get the job done?

Marcus Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2009, 07:18 »

"I see you are very eager to fight warriors. I hope you know what are you doing." - Marcus pondered - "But how can I aid in this dangerous task, I am more of a scribe and talker than a fighter"

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2009, 09:00 »

"Your insights might be helpful when it comes to interrogating any captives," Halsted pointed out. "That, and an extra gun and pair of hands can always help. And, as I said, we may need help carrying procured items out afterwards... not to mention explaining to curious Skitarii where we got the loot, and negotiating with merchants to exchange it for much-needed funds. Just keep your head down, priest, don't look at the psyker, and let the Emperor worry about the rest."

Marcus Constantine

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2009, 00:41 »

"Then, let us do it" - Marcus replied - "Until you come up with plans, I will pray for Emperor's blessing to enlighten and aid us"

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2009, 04:44 »

- Well it seems we have as much of a plan as we can at this point. Let's move people, the faster we get there the less time they have to prepare.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2009, 15:14 »

Eldar curled up in her cage, covering herself with a blanket, and almost instantly collapsing into deep sleep. It did not seemed that she was going to cause any trouble.

So you left, armed, and preprepared to do what some of you did best- ravage.

It took few tries for Lazarus to lead you into Du Pont hideout, but, after few hours spent in the underforge, devoid of any light, both natural, and artificial, you managed to reach you destination. However, before you came closer, Tobias ordered you to wait, and inspected the site with his magnoculars.

And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2009, 15:47 »

"Is there anything of interest you can see with this ?", asked Silharriel towards Tobias, scowling at the place around him. He was dead silent through all their walkabout around The Forge, seeming to be worried with something - at least that is what was his piercing glare suggesting. It looked like he simply couldn't wait for the massacre to come. He was disgusted with the way this twisted place looked like. In fact, everything around him, this filthy, dark city and those freakish mon-keigh inhabiting it, only were making The Eldar feel sick.

Once again he checked his firearms, making sure that nothing will bother him spilling blood and tearing flesh, that his weapons will do their job right. Softly and silently, he was praying within his mind - praying to Khaine, asking the divine entity to guide his blade and his slugs.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2009, 18:15 »

"Hear us and bless us, this day of deadly war,
Our fate and future are what we're fighting for,
Grant us protection now and forever more,"
Tobias intoned under his breath as he gazed through the magnoculars at the path ahead. Lowering the magnoculars, he turned to the rest of the party with a grim look on his face.

"The stealthy entry plan just went into the drops," he stated, pointing behind him at their destination. "They're definitely expecting us, no doubts there. I make out fifteen men on external guard. Two at door, three four-man patrols, one on balcony. Autoguns, three stubbers and a bugger-him-with-a-rusty-drill sniper on the balcony. Lots of clutter to use for cover if it came to it, but I doubt it'd help against the sniper. The guards didn't seem too attentive, but there is a lot of them and they have heavy firepower on their side."

Passing the magnoculars to Laz or the Eldar, he'd point out the threats he'd spotted, if they wanted him to. "I would hope that what's out there is the majority of the house guards, but we know where hope gets you. The building's too solid to breach anywhere but at the door, unless any of you know where to get a 'Russ Demolisher on short notice. My suggestion for the present moment would be to approach stealthily as best we can to create a distraction, pray that the guards are careless enough to all rush towards it... and treat them to a few grenades," the guardsman explained patiently, while at the same time pulling his gas-mask over his face, preparing for the fight. "On the bright side, if I can get my hands on one of their stubbers, I could try to even the odds somewhat..."

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2009, 02:22 »

Silharriel took the magnoculars and sweeped the site with his eye of a skilled scout. He saw that the distance is much too great to shot the sniper from here - they will have to come in closer and risk being spotted...

Then, he passed magnoculars to Lazerus.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24