Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 23:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ammochain slightly overpowered?  (Read 3155 times)

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
Ammochain slightly overpowered?
« on: October 18, 2009, 08:23 »

So as I've been playing this new version and tried out the master traits.. This ammochain one has started to trouble me a  bit.

Now don't get me wrong, endless ammo is always awesome for chainguns, but the fact that it effects the plasma gun is making me feel its overpowered.

Earlier plasmagun was one of those precious weapons, you didn't want to waste its ammo until emergencies, you probably wouldn't use it on anything lower then baron. Now with ammochain, you can basicly spam up plasmagun on everything. Specialy since you can chainfire it, this is basicly making even Archvile & Revenant packs a joke.

Basicly, all you ever need is two agility mods (chained court), plasmagun and ammochain and you've basicly won the game unless RNG puts a heavy suprise on you.

The blocked traits don't either give much negative on this trait, why need accuracy or armor when you can just mod those up and your enemies can't even get a good chance to shoot you?

Comparing this to the other master traits, it really feels like ammochain shines above them no matter what.

Anyone else feel this way or am I just crazy? :P
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 08:24 by Fanta Hege »
i dont even know anymore

MaiZure

• Marketing/PR Ops Lead
  • Greater Elder
  • Major General
  • Retired 1-Star General (.993)
    • View Profile
    • Project repository
Re: Ammochain slightly overpowered?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 08:30 »

It's really a question of style. My play style fits an Army of the Dead build much better than Ammochain. I can't get the rapid-fire build to work well at all, but I dominate the shotgun builds to the point that I thought 'MAD' was overpowered.

After much testing in the betas, I think it's fairly well balanced - several master traits died and were reborn in the development of 0.9.9
Hell Knight 1st Lt. (.997)
[22/13/9/2/0]

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 08:52 »

Fanta Hege, that's all assuming you play on the lower difficulties -- and while playing on lower difficulties once you get the trait, you've won anyway ;).
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 08:59 »

It's really a question of style. My play style fits an Army of the Dead build much better than Ammochain. I can't get the rapid-fire build to work well at all, but I dominate the shotgun builds to the point that I thought 'MAD' was overpowered.

After much testing in the betas, I think it's fairly well balanced - several master traits died and were reborn in the development of 0.9.9

Pretty strong point there. I never really found MAD that bad though as it blocks hellrunner which is a heavy blow if you prefer double shotty.

Fanta Hege, that's all assuming you play on the lower difficulties -- and while playing on lower difficulties once you get the trait, you've won anyway ;).

I play regularry on UV and Nightmare unless there's something to unlock to get more things open.

But I guess I'm just crazy then. =P
i dont even know anymore

Dervis

• Nightmare Berserker
  • Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 09:11 »

I also think Ammochain is slightly overpowered, yet it isn't game-breaking. Enjoy it for now I guess, and I'll share some ideas for it once Kornel starts 0.9.9.1 development.

Aki

• Marketing/PR and Wiki Ops
  • Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 17:55 »

I'm sorry, Ammochain is NOT overpowered.

Early game anyway :D

Seriously, though, Ammochain is only overpowered when you get it set up. Getting to MAc and  getting your A2 Plasma Rifle are the hard bits. I'd personally suggest removing one of the Accuracy mods from the Chained Court - Carry it around a bit and stick it on your Plasma Rifle,  and suffer earlygame, or stick it on your Chaingun and depend on the RNG to spawn Hell's Armoury.

Nerfing the spawn rate or setting a higher minlevel would help, as well.
[0.9.9.7]
Badges: [22/17/15/10/4/0]
Pages: [1]