Chaosforge Forum

• May 02, 2024, 03:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gunkata intended like this? Also badges, mortem stuff. 0.9.9  (Read 3100 times)

Jarkko

• Sergeant
  • P4P GOAT
    • View Profile

EDIT: After posting this, I'm noticing guns reloading after second shot kill. Will continue keeping an eye on gunkata behaviour.

Having a blast playing the new version, here are some things I've come across:

When dualwielding with gunkata trait, my pistols get reloaded only when the first shot of the two makes the kill, not if the killing shot is the second one. Is this intended? It's a bit annoying, especially against pain elementals/lost souls, with bad luck my pistols get empty despite lost souls dying left and right. Then I reload just one pistol, kill a soul with that and then both guns get reloaded.

This other thing I mentioned in a mortem but it's probably good to have it here in bug reports too: it looks like "win the game" badges aren't awarded if you nuke the cyberdeamon, but lose against JC. This happened in my recent AoPc game: I nuked Cybie while invincible, didn't have another nuke so I let JC kill me, and I didn't get the pacifism badge. Dying while nuking cybie counts as a victory badge-wise, so I'm thinking this ought to count as well. Also in the mortem said I nuked cybie on lvl 26, not 25.

Playing windows version.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 12:46 by Jarkko »

Dervis

• Nightmare Berserker
  • Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Gunkata intended like this? Also badges, mortem stuff. 0.9.9
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 12:45 »

EDIT: After posting this, I'm noticing guns reloading after second shot kill. Will continue keeping an eye on gunkata behaviour.

When dualwielding with gunkata trait, my pistols get reloaded only when the first shot of the two makes the kill, not if the killing shot is the second one. Is this intended? It's a bit annoying, especially against pain elementals/lost souls, with bad luck my pistols get empty despite lost souls dying left and right. Then I reload just one pistol, kill a soul with that and then both guns get reloaded.
What happens is that Gunkata only reloads when you kill your primary target. For example, if you attack something, you miss and the bullet ends up killing something behind it, you will NOT get a reload. Also, if you're targetting a floor rather than a monster you won't get reloads.

This other thing I mentioned in a mortem but it's probably good to have it here in bug reports too: it looks like "win the game" badges aren't awarded if you nuke the cyberdeamon, but lose against JC. This happened in my recent AoPc game: I nuked Cybie while invincible, didn't have another nuke so I let JC kill me, and I didn't get the pacifism badge. Dying while nuking cybie counts as a victory badge-wise, so I'm thinking this ought to count as well. Also in the mortem said I nuked cybie on lvl 26, not 25.
This was found during the beta and as far as I know, this is intended. Losing to JC counts as a loss rather than a partial win.

Jarkko

• Sergeant
  • P4P GOAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 12:46 »

Thanks for the answer, that clears up a lot.

AStranger

• First Lieutenant
  • Cyberdemon Blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 02:47 »

The win condition for AoPc must have been changed in 0.9.9, because my first pacifism win in 0.9.8.10 I was invulnerable during the nuke, made it to JC (who was almost dead when I died, that was a fun challenge), but still got a standard win for it. I can dig up the mortem, but I know that it used to work.
[24|23|20|18|13] v.0.9.9.3
[17|10|8|5|2] v.0.9.9.2
[15|11|10|6|3] v.0.9.9.1
[18|17|14|10|6] v.0.9.9

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 15:19 »

Kornel - is the behaviour of Gun Kata noted in this topic intended?
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 04:24 »

Intended. However, I'm still wondering about the Owned by JC issue.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]