Chaosforge Forum

• April 26, 2024, 06:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Armor durability  (Read 1529 times)

Doom IRL

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Armor durability
« on: November 25, 2009, 16:10 »

Hey, first of all, absolutely fantastic game.  You've really managed to capture the Doom feel, and I realize that's going to make what I'm about to say sound kind of odd.

I think armor breaks way too easily.  I know that's the way it was in Doom, but it doesn't really fit this format well at all.  While enough armor drops that this usually isn't a huge deal in terms of staying armored, it makes getting a unique armor that's not the Onyx Armor a bit of a letdown, and it makes the Onyx Armor Pack one of the best uniques in my mind.  It also makes it so I rarely use mods other than bulk mods on my armor because it'll probably be shredded within a couple of floors.

Basically, I'd say that slightly increasing the frequency of armor shards or slightly decreasing the amount of damage armor takes per hit would definitely fix this problem, possibly in combination with a slight decrease in armor drop frequency in order to maintain game balance.  Thanks, and again, fantastic work on this.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: Armor durability
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 16:40 »

Actually this has already been addressed. The next beta will have already the more forgiving armor damage system.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Doom IRL

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 16:47 »

Awesome, sorry to bother you.

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 17:51 »

Speak of the devil, I just got one-hit killed again on N! simply by an arachnotron that spawned right next to me. And I had 92% hp + a blue armor left right before I died! D=<
And normally, such things can only happen if you're wearing no armor at all... :/
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!
Pages: [1]