Chaosforge Forum

• May 22, 2024, 21:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Forlorn Hope - PBF  (Read 63277 times)

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
Re: Forlorn Hope - PBF
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2010, 17:58 »

Once Matt had moved over a bit to make room for his squadmate, Roshal too slipped past the camera while it was turned in another direction. The two of them were safe from the camera's sight, at least for the moment.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2010, 03:02 »

"Whew. T'was close. Now, the door..."
Thus saying (or rather, whispering), Mad put his ear on the door, trying to hear anything past the sound of spinning camera : sounds of stomping, speech or else.
If nothing can be heard, he'll check if the door can be opened and probably will do so.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2010, 13:17 »

Listening provided no useful information about what might be beyond the door. If anything was there, it was staying still and quiet.

The door opened with no trouble, and the room beyond was rather unremarkable, most of it being taken up by thick pipes running along the floor, walls and ceiling, disappearing into said walls, floor and ceiling in various places. The only other exit from the room is through a door on the northern wall in the northwest corner of the room. There was also a guard here, his back to the door, leaning against the pipes on the south side of the room some 5 metres away from the door. Perhaps he was napping - at least he didn't react to the door opening.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2010, 14:14 »

DeReeve stepped back and to the left, hiding behind the corner and striving to remain in camera's dead point.
"Enemy spotted.", he whispered to Roshal. "Taking prisoners or gunning the sunnovabitch down ?"

Natiliana

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2010, 15:30 »

Ira draw a slow and deep breath, attempting to cover her nervous excitement in the field; but only succeeds in emitting a stifled hiccup.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2010, 17:46 »

"If we can knock him out without causing a ruckus with our guns, I think that'd be ideal," Roshal muttered back at Matt as he fiddled his blade unconsciously.

"Guns draw too much attention."
I computed, therefore I was.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2010, 06:35 »

"After you, gentleman.", whispered Mad, smiling and pointing the guard with his hand.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2010, 11:20 »

"If I fail, shoot the crap out of him and we'll carry on at double-quick time," Roshal said through gritted teeth as he switched his pistol to safe and put it away, withdrawing his blade.

'Time for some sneaking about,' Roshal thought to himself as he took a closer look at the situation, judging when it was a good time to sneak in and slit the throat of the guard.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2010, 15:16 »

The guard remained blissfully unaware of Roshal sneaking up behind him. Of course he *did* eventually catch on, around the time that Roshal grabbed him from behind and put a knife to his throat. Being aware of the threat didn't do him much good with his throat cut open, though. The guard gurgled a little, grasping his throat in a futile attempt to stop the blood loss, and collapsed forward onto the floor with a thud, blood slowly pooling under him.

Viggo's plan, however, hit upon a snag. Rather than know not to play the hero or anything, the poorly trained guard panicked and stumbled back with an alarmed cry. His foot catching on the edge of the door, he fell flat on his ass, though retained enough presence of mind to yell, "Intruders!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The officer, as befitted his training and rank, was the first to react. "Breach! We've got a breach!" he shouted, promptly ducking behind the closest bit of cover, that being the forcefield-cage around the servomech's charging station. "Get the 'mech online! And call in reinforcements!" he ordered the guard at the monitoring station, unholstering his own sidearm at the same time.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2010, 15:21 »

"Good slashin' job, d... Oh bummer, did ya hear THAT ?!", shouted Mad, turning around. "They might demand some help. Come on !"
He dashed to the noise's source, unsecuring his gun, striving to find anything gunnable, wearing a SecOps uniform.

Natiliana

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2010, 15:25 »

Ira puts on a blank face, "I thought you said you knew what you were doing."

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2010, 06:22 »

'Damn fool!  Now they'll know there's at least three of us in here!'  Roshal thought to himself.  'Not if I can help myself though.'

Roshal quickly unholstered his pistol and released the safety catch and aimed at the camera that Matt was standing below and fired, hoping that it would knock out that device out of commission and reduce the effects of the blowing of the cover.

`I'll keep firing until I take the camera down or run out of bullets trying,' Roshal thought again to himself.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 06:30 by thelaptop »

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2010, 11:35 »

Seeing his plan failing, Viggo leaned out of cover, and tried to gun down the SecOps which was turning on the mech. He did in such haste, that not a single shot from the burst reached it's target.
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2010, 14:54 »

As Matt ran out of the room, there could be heard a whirring from the camera overhead as it caught sight of him and tried to focus in. Fortunately for the mission as a whole, it didn't get the chance, as two rounds from Roshal's weapon wrecked the automated camera, making it rain down sparks onto the floor briefly.

Viggo's shots went wide, though they did have some effect at least. The guard, not wanting to present himself as a target for longer than was absolutely necessary, ducked behind the monitoring station as soon as he'd finished bringing the servomech online, the front screen of the four-sided forcefield-cage disappearing, though the bot itself was slow to start up properly. The prone guard, in the meantime, scrambled back and to his feet, hastily drawing his gun (a BA-40, as it turned out) and pointing it at the doorway. "Freeze! Hold it right there, terrorist scum!" he shouted. New guy on the job, most likely. Far more troubling was the security camera mounted on the wall above him that was starting to sweep towards the door again.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2010, 14:16 »

Noticing the camera, Mad leaned back behind the door's corner. After a while he appeared again, aiming at the camera. Smiling viciously, he pulled the trigger, attempting to gun the device down.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13