Chaosforge Forum

• June 15, 2024, 14:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Forlorn Hope - PBF  (Read 63891 times)

Natiliana

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Forlorn Hope - PBF
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2010, 16:15 »

Ira, remaining comparatively calm, readies her weapon, steps out from behind Viggo and fires at the nearby guard.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2010, 16:01 »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ira's shots whistled past the guard's head, spooking him, but causing him no lasting harm. Meanwhile, the now-functional servomech rolled out of its force cage and towards the door. A compartment opened on its lower "body" and a mechanical arm with a handgun mounted on it extended, firing off two shots at the people in the doorway. Those simply hit the wall rather than their intended target, though.

"Hold them, I'm going to get reinforcements!" the officer shouted, breaking from cover and snapping off a few quick shots towards the doorway, without much effect, before making a run towards the northeast corner of the room. When the southern camera exploded in a shower of sparks from Matt's shot, it just made him run faster.

The doorway was getting a bit crowded now, though, with three people clustered around it, and such a situation could be potentially hazardous...
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2010, 08:51 »

'I'm probably not going to make any headway from here without anyone backing me up,' Roshal thought to himself as he backtracked slowly from the door.

As he was moving back towards the other side of the room where Matt ran, he noticed that the doorway was crowded with Ira, Matt and Viggo.

'Not good,' Roshal thought to himself again.  'I'm not going to be of any help there -- I suppose I will just camp out here and guard the rear, in case someone decides to surprise us.  Also, what's Matt thinking, standing like a hero at the doorway... shouldn't he have the sense to at least be prone to avoid getting shot at?  Damn rocker...'

Roshal found a group of crates for cover and hides behind them, facing eastwards to guard the rear of his team, his pistol drawn and safety off, making sure that his back was not directly facing the opened door where his other team mates were currently fighting hard.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 08:53 by thelaptop »
I computed, therefore I was.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2010, 09:11 »

Mad clenched his teeth, He crouched and fell back, lowering his weapon and firing a burst at the servomech.  All in a try to step back behind the door and not get shot.
It's getting hot in here..., he thought. I fucking knew it all had sounded too simple !
Reaching the cover, he gasped.
"Plan B, anyone ?"

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2010, 09:34 »

"Kill'em all.  No other choice.  Do it pronto.  I'll cover the rear," Roshal shouted at his team mates through clenched teeth from his position among the crates.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2010, 10:23 »

Viggo leaned out of cover, and carefully aiming at the fleeing officer, pulled the trigger.
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2010, 10:28 »

The guard hiding behind the monitoring station leaned out, firing off a short burst at the door, but the rounds only peppered the door frame again. The other guard had far more luck - Ira would feel a round striking her side and knocking the wind out of her. Then, as Viggo fired, the running officer gave a sharp cry and stumbled, fell - and didn't move at all any more.

12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Natiliana

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2010, 19:18 »

Ira whimpers slightly and scrambles for a form of cover, looking quite a bit worse for wear.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2010, 13:40 »

The servomech continued to roll forward at its slow pace, firing off another burst at the crowd by the doorway, the shots narrowly missing Matt just as he fired. His aim was far better, however, and the shots hit the droid's carriage right where the hatch had opened to extend the weapon limb. With an impressive display of smoke and sparks, the bot suddenly stopped, its weapon arm dropping to the floor, limp, with a noisy clang, while some part of the internal workings of its carriage made a noise like a cat stuck on a running chainsaw. Though the bot's "head" still turned, it just sat there immobile, smoke still trailing out from the open hatch in its main body.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2010, 14:58 »

"Searching... Seek and destroy !", chanted Mad loudly with a - truly mad - grin. His sharp voice would certainly give a clue of why the hell The Deranged have become so popular after the RagnaRock Festival. One could barely hear a well-known riff in the background.

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2010, 13:17 »

'Shut up, moron' muttered Viggo, leaning out and shooting at the closest guard.
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2010, 13:37 »

The guard let out a sharp cry and collapsed to the floor, gripping at his chest.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2010, 14:13 »

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2010, 16:03 »

'Sounds like things are going on pretty okay.  If only I had a medpack, I could probably have helped Ira.  Whatever,' Roshal thought, still guarding the rear.

"Matt, once you're done with killing stuff there, come over and back me up so that we can continue our side of the mission."

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2010, 16:21 »

The last remaining guard stayed behind the cover of the monitoring station, firing off a quick burst of fire at the doorway, though the bullets once again only gouged out a few holes in the wall.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13