Chaosforge Forum

• April 26, 2024, 06:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: How to make agility mods useful for shotguns  (Read 7522 times)

BEEF

• Lance Corporal
  • Made in Argentina
    • View Profile
Re: How to make agility mods useful for shotguns
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 23:40 »

Reducing the spread and increasing the concentration definitely makes the most logical sense, but I'm not sure how much gameplay sense that makes. I'm not a big fan of the double shotgun, but isn't the main point its ridiculous spread? On the other hand, it's not like anybody's forcing you to use it.

That's probably the best solution overall.

action52

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 01:19 »

About elimination of advanced weapons: this sounds much better, especially if it means we would be finding more exotic weapons in their place. In theory, having 12 mods on your weapon sounds pretty cool--but the odds of having the stars align enough for you to find the advanced weapon you need, plus all the mods for it, in a game where your build includes 2 levels of whizkid, is practically zero. Unless you're playing Ao100, I guess. But even then, exotics might be better.

On MAD shotgun versus Ammochain: both have their strengths and weaknesses. Shotgun builds are awesome against massive hordes and pretty good against strong individual demons, while ammochain is pretty good against massive hordes and awesome against strong individual demons. Which is better would depend on the situation--how big the group is, and how strong the demons are. Either one would work pretty well though.

And finally, back to the original topic: I think diminishing damage reduction sounds best. I don't like the idea of narrowing the cone--that would make the shotgun slightly less useful in one way. And I think mods should always improve the weapon or armor you use them on.

leonresevil2

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 19:06 »

I think diminishing damage reduction sounds best. I don't like the idea of narrowing the cone--that would make the shotgun slightly less useful in one way. And I think mods should always improve the weapon or armor you use them on.

It sounds like you would be voting for the third Implementation.
I personally did not recommend narrowing the cone, it is just an idea that someone mentioned as a possibility. The 3 Implementations are the best ways I can imagine improving the shotgun with the agility mod, without making it obscenely overpowered.

As for the advanced weapon issue, I suppose it is logical to remove them, with the new Exotics, and the buff to Whizkid. Hopefully the weapon stats will not be nerfed much (applying the max number of Power mods in 0.9.9.1 should have an effect somewhat comparable to max Power mods in 0.9.9), and more exotics/less mods generated perhaps. I was always excited to find an advanced weapon, but I suppose the rarity of it being applicable is reasonable. However, Uniques can be just the same way. I just liked saving up my mods and building up a super-weapon when I could; I suppose reducing the need to save mods would allow for more healthpacks. It will change my play style, but it's probably a change for the better.
/whine

EDIT: corrected Implementation mention from first to third.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 19:09 by leonresevil2 »
Pages: 1 [2]  All