Chaosforge Forum

• April 26, 2024, 02:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Keep run state after using healthpack/globe.  (Read 1669 times)

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
Keep run state after using healthpack/globe.
« on: March 14, 2010, 11:46 »

You know what causes almost more deaths in N! then revenants and archviles combined?

The fact that you'll lose your run state after using anything that heals you when trying to get away from masses or getting away from a lava filled room or practicly anything while you're running and facing monsters.

I don't have any problems with health turning you back to normal from tired but really, when you're running, and need a health or you were running earlier but barrel plosion got you and you really need a health as shotgun guy never misses only to die after the healthpack use to those 5 imp fire balls you could've dodged atleast 3 off is pretty awful reason to die for.

Now I'm sure you might think this could make things easier, again, but considering the fast monster buff in N! run state has gone way too crucial.
i dont even know anymore

ChaoticJosh

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: Keep run state after using healthpack/globe.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 12:21 »

Maybe it's be nicer if it still returned you to normal, but tabbing to run took no time whatsoever instead?

BEEF

• Lance Corporal
  • Made in Argentina
    • View Profile
Re: Keep run state after using healthpack/globe.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 12:28 »

You'd still spend a full second in cautious mode, from using/grabbing the medpack/powerup. Honestly, I can see that as a drawback for using medpacks in combat, but it doesn't seem fitting for running over health globes.

Of course, if it doesn't set you back to cautious, it should still reset the run timer.
Pages: [1]