Chaosforge Forum

• April 26, 2024, 08:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Great Unique and Challange Pick, Round One!  (Read 5364 times)

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
The Great Unique and Challange Pick, Round One!
« on: April 06, 2010, 08:14 »

Since Unique and Challenges are so much fun, Kornel (May He Live 'Til DoomRL 2 and then die a horrible and gruesome death) has allowed me to start a special poll, which will serve a single purpose- choosing the uniques (exotics) and challenges that should be implemented.

So, here are the rules.
I, Gargulec, will choose ten items and ten modes from corresponding topics that I find most interesting. Then, you will add next set of ten unique and challenges to the list. And then, I will create two polls, where you will vote for two items from each list. And then, Kornel will come and see the results. So, let me begin. 

Uniques:
Blaster Rifle
Damage:    9d3
Accuracy:    +0 (Shotgun)
Base Fire Time:    .75 second
Base Reload Time:   Move speed
Clip Size:    10
Ammunition:    Self-Charging on step.
Special Reload:    N/A
Quote on pickup:    And I thought I had seen it all...
Ingame Description:    It feels like something out of a bad sci-fi/fantasy series...
Intent: Well, we do have a Blaster from the same series...
Author: raekuul

Ninja Suit
Durability: 50%
Protection: 0
Movement Speed: 65%
Knockback: 25%
Special: This Ninja Suit increase your dodge chance by 35%. It also improve your ToHit chance by 5 for melee weapons and it makes you move faster. But, you get knockback further and it has a half less durability, so handle with care.
Author: MegaMad

Beheader
Damage: 8d4
Quote on pickup: With this I can cut three imps heads!
Bonus: Gives +2 armour and +20% moving speed. Attacks three close targets at once
Author: Melon

Impetus Cannon
Damage: 6d6 * (20% * distance between you and target)
Shots: 1
Ammo: Rockets
Accuracy: +4 (Gains accuracy over distance rather than losing it)
FireDelay: 1.0s
ReloadDelay: 1.5s
Splash Radius: 2 squares
It's a lobbed shot, so it's guaranteed to hit the square you choose.
Author: Thomas

The Force-a-Nature
Inventory quote:
"Any outsdoorman will tell you, it's frustrating to see a deer just fall down instead of flying backwards."
Origin: TF2
Damage: 8d3
Shots: 2
Ammo: Shotgun Shells
Accuracy: N/A
Fire Delay: 0.4s
Reload Delay: 2s
Spread: Normal
AltFire: Jump before firing. Knocks you back a square, increases spread. Gives you all benefits of running mode until the start of your next turn. Altfiring does less damage.
Special: Enemy knockback is doubled.

Boltgun
Godwyn-De'az pattern MK VI Boltgun- In His Name!
Damage: 3d4x3
Accuracy: +4
Clip: 15
Base fire time: 1 sec
Base reloading: 1 sec
Ammo: 10mm (no bolter shells in-game, shame...)
Description: Bringing peace in the name of the Emperor, on bolter shell at time
Author: Me. Duh.

Degrader Gun
Ammo: Power cells
Clip/shot/accuracy/reload/range: Subject to change
Enemies hit by Degrader Gun are instantly transformed into weaker beings:
Arch-viles, mancubi, revenants, arachnotrons and pain elementals become hell knights.
Barons, hell knights, cacodemons, demons and lost souls become imps.
Former commandos, captains and sergeants become former humans.
Imps, former humans, Cyberdemon, JC and AoD are immune to its effect.
Barrels hit by Degrader Gun are downgraded one step (napalm becomes acid, acid becomes fuel, fuel is unaffected).
Author: Passionario

Plasma Knife
4d3
Acc.: +2
Pickup quote:'What the hell is this thing?';
Inv. quote:'Must be some sort of experimental weapon...'
Sp. Fire: Throws knife.
Special: Instead of Physical damage like most other melee weapons, it deals Plasma damage. The difference is outlined somewhere on the wiki, but it amounts to "Armor is reduced by half before being applied."
Author: raekuul

Static Cannon
Unique Weapon
Inventory Description: An odd weapon. It doesn't seem to have any way of inserting ammo, just two metal handles.
Damage: 1d7*5
DamageType: Normal
Accuracy: +2
Clip: 10
FireSpeed: 1.0s
ReloadSpeed: N/A
Special: Every time you give DoomGuy a move command, 2 bullets are added to the clip.

Arm Cannon
9d9 blast damage, in one of the chosen direction.
When wielded, automatically goes into prepared slot, reduces HP by 10 and is cursed (never leaves the prepared slot). You can normally wield other weapons, but no swapping possible.
Is a set item with the Dragonslayer, however may only be wielded BEFORE the Dragonslayer.
Automatically activated by ALT-FIRE (the existing alt-fire of the weapon wielded is discarded), and reloaded with a rocket by ALT-RELOAD (same as above).
Author: Kornel

Challenges

Angel of Disease
You're dying of cancer -- as long as you're dying, why not take a few demons with you?  Your max HP goes down by 1 for every 1000 moves, to a minimum of 1 plus whatever you get from ironman.
Author: Unknown

Angel of Scavenging.  You cannot reload weapons, so whenever one is empty, you just throw it away and look for a new one. I'm not sure if overloading should still work.  Either way, it means that picking up ammo will be unnecessary.  Instead, picking up multiple guns of the same type will be required.  There are tonnes of lower level weapons just lying around, so that won't be a problem.  There are even kindly former commandos handy to provide multiple plasma rifles.  Rocket launchers and BFGs will be much harder to recoup.
Perhaps generate more weapon drops to make things fair?
Author: Chamber

Angel of Demolitions:
Like making things go boom? Like seeing your enemies explode in a thousands of pieces? Then this challenge is for you! You start with a rocket launcher - and some ammo - but can't use any other kinds of weapons - apart from the unique rocket launchers, of course, Anti-Freak Jackal, and the Trigun's Angel Arm special ability.
Author: Potman

Angel of Telefrag
Dead monsters leave transporter globes (the stationary auto-teleport kind) instead of corpses. Mortuary is still corpse-strewn, though.

Angel of the Coliseum (hard):
EVERY level is an arena - good luck, you're gonna need it.
Author: nerdatron

Angel of Massacre/Hordes
The amount of enemies spawned per level is quadrupled. This stacks with extra spawning from higher difficulties.
Author: myuzinn

Angel of Feather Fall
DIFFICULTY: Easy/Medium
Due to a genetic mutation, you are almost weightless. You walk and run slightly faster, but suffer massive knockbacks from any shots that hit you.

Angel of Barrels
"Khe, he, he. This will be a complete mess..."
What the hell happened here? The whole base from top to bottom is filled up with barrels. Maybe they had a bad day with the reactor, or in the laboratories. Each level (even the first one) is filled with explosive barrels to the brim and has limited space to walk on, sometimes there will be pockets of safe space (not really). And also when the barrels explode they leave pools of acid (the size of the pool is randomly generated to be as large as the blast or less).
Author: Smiley

The Hell Runner
"Fire walk with me"
You are so fast, that fire burns the ground you step onto. Literally. After stepping on a floor, after 5 turns it turns into lava. PROS: When low on health, you can run away through narrow corridors and monster won't chase You.
CONS: You have to plan your moves carefully (especially in the maze levels). Also you cannot stand in one place for too long.
Author: Melon

Angel of Pain
Difficulty: HARD
Every time you kill an enemy other than a lost soul, one or more lost souls will be generated from its corpse, Pain-Elemental-style.
Weak enemies like formers or imps will create only a single soul, while arch-viles and mancubi will spawn 5-6.

This topic is Kornel-approved. And your picks are?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:22 by Gargulec »
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
Re: The Great Unique and Challange Pick, Round One!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 15:09 »

Quote from: Gargulec
So, here are the rules.
I, Gargulec, will choose ten items and ten modes from corresponding topics that I find most interesting. Then, you will add next set of ten unique and challenges to the list. And then, I will create two polls, where you will vote for two items from each list. And then, Kornel will come and see the results. So, let me begin. 

Sorry if I'm a bit confused: when you say "you", do you mean anyone at all?  And if so, is it a first come, first served basis where only the first person to properly reply gets their list (since you only mention two polls)?  If not, who are we waiting on?  I won't pretend I have ANY tug around here, so I don't want to needlessly reply if we're just waiting on someone.

Slightly off-topic, I like your choices.  Angel of Colliseum sounds AWESOME.  (I'd want caves mixed in a bit though, too.)
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

Melon

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Colonel
  • Men are from Mars, Women are from Snickers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 15:18 »

I will start straight from your list:

Items:
Impetus Cannon, Ninja Suit

Challenges:
Angel of Scavenging, Angel of Pain
Ludzie, którzy piją, są dla mnie niczym...

... niczym bracia!

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 15:56 »

Sorry for English fail I've scored.

This should read as follow:
Next ten uniques and ten challenges posted here (APART from the ones I've posted ) will get to the poll. So take a look at topic, and choose the uniques and challenges you like, post them here, and I'll include them.
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

yaflhdztioxo

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
  • Lost Sole
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 16:01 »

Angel of Second Sight (has come up twice IIRC, once called Angel of Oracle):

Player vision is reduced to 2, player starts with beingsense and leversense1 (beings show up as red dots, levers are labeled as beneficial/harmful).  If player vision can be reduced below 2 (currently it cannot) I'd support giving powersense and leversense2 as well.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 16:20 »

Okay, I think I've figured out what Gargulec is trying to convey, and failing miserably at.

He has ten of each. He wants to add ten more. He'll let people pick their favorites(up to ten) (other than the ones he's already put up) of each, and the ones that pop up the most often will be added to the poll.

Example:

Let's say $foo unique is on six peoples lists, and %foo is on 8 peoples lists. That means %foo will be added to the poll.

This is how I understand it. I hope this clears it up.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 16:30 by Madtrixr »
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 10:34 »

Nice to see the blaster rifle and Plasma Knife on the list.

Hmm, might I recommend a modified Syrinx Axe for the running?

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:36 by raekuul »
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 14:53 »

Almost have the list done. Since I don't, this is a bump.
<Malek_Deneith> What is a PC? A miserable little pile of XP. But enough plot - have at you!

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

GenTechJ

• Tester - DoomRL Staff
  • Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Hail to the king baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 18:59 »

Items:
Boltgun (preferably with matching bolter shells...although with the sanbox mode......)
Degrader Gun

Challenges:
Angel of the Coliseum
The Hell Runner

Passionario

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 03:09 »

Angel of Bliss (as in "Ignorance is...")
No matter how many bullets you take to the chest, your pain receptors report nothing. You can't see your health percentage, and attempts to examine yourself report your status as 'alive' (rather than scratched/wounded/boosted/etc).
Who do you send when Warp can't get the job done?

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 13:17 »

Finally, here's my list. Too lazy to give credit right now, I'll go back and put it in later.

BONK! Atomic Punch
Unique Consumable
Description: Radioactive? I think you mean delicious!
On consuming BONK!, the Space Marine will get 20 seconds of +50% speed and 100% dodge. Once BONK! expires, the Marine suffers a 10 second period of -20% speed and -20% dodge.

The Sandman
Exotic Weapon
Damage: 4d5
Damage Type: Normal
Accuracy: +1
Clip: 1 baseball
Attack Speed (Melee): .5
Attack Speed (Baseball): 1.0
Reload Speed: Instant
Alternate Fire: You launch a baseball an enemy. If it connects, the target suffers 1-10 seconds of stun. You can only reload by picking up your baseball. You automatically recover it if you leave the level without it.

The Direct Hit
Unique

Description; Turn Pro
Damage; 8d6
Damagetype; Explosive
Blast radious: 1? 2?
Accuracy: +1
Clip; 4
Firespeed; 1
Reloadspeed: 2

Similiar to that off rocket/missile launcher expect with a way way lower blast radious. Perfect for precision fireing.
Uses rockets as ammo

Gunboats
Unique
Boots.

Protection; 5/5
Durability; 200%
Special; Allows you to rocket jump with 75% decreased self damage.
Speed bonus; 0%
Knockback bonus: 0%

Lightning Gun
Exotic
Damage:    5d3, armor piercing
Accuracy:    +8
Base Fire Time:    0.6 second, alternate fire 1.5 second
Base Reload Time:    2.5 second
Clip Size:    100, consumes 5 per shot
Ammunition:    energy cells
Alternate fire: Shoots a big but inaccurate bolt that consumes 20 cells, for 20d3 damage
Alternate reload: None
Ingame Description:   Concentrated electric death. Be careful around water with this thing.
Reference: Quake
May not seem powerful, but notice the very quick base fire time.
When you use this on an enemy standing in water, all other enemies in the water will be damaged. If you use it on an enemy standing in water while you are standing in the water, you will instantly consume all the cells in your clip, doing (d3)x(number of cells) damage to yourself and all enemies in the water.

.44 Magnum
Exotic Weapon
Inventory Description: I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?"
Damage: 4d3
DamageType: Normal
Accuracy: +5
Clip: 6
AmmoType: Bullets
FireSpeed: 1.2s
ReloadSpeed: 2.0s
First Pickup Quote: "Go ahead, make my day."

AltFire: Aimed shot.
AltReload: Dual reload.

Crowbar
Exotic Weapon
Inventory Description: Normally used for opening crates or doors. Good for skulls, too.
Damage: 3d4
DamageType: Physical
First Pickup Quote: Looks like Freeman didn't make it...

Also, I would like to Add the Unique I made, just now:

The Homewrecker
"For when you want nothing to stand in your way"
Unique Weapon
Damage:3d6
Damage type: Physical
Alt-Fire: A 25d1 plasma attack that targets one square. Tires you out when used. (Used for knocking down walls.)
Pickup: "Mmmph mmph! MMMPPHHH!!!"
Reference: TF2 (Community Update Pyro Weapon)

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]

GenTechJ

• Tester - DoomRL Staff
  • Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Hail to the king baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 01:25 »

With all the TF2 weapons that I'd love to see in the game and that everyone is making, I'm thinking we should do a community mod for sandbox or the full moddable version upon release of adding all the TF2 stuff that will work within the engine.

Just food for thought. Didn't mean to derail the thread.

Madtrixr

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 23:22 »

With all the TF2 weapons that I'd love to see in the game and that everyone is making, I'm thinking we should do a community mod for sandbox or the full moddable version upon release of adding all the TF2 stuff that will work within the engine.

Just food for thought. Didn't mean to derail the thread.

Oh no. Me and Thomas want to do this bad. I mean, REALLY bad. So, We'd love to see this as well.

[B/S/G/P/D]
[19/8/5/0/0]
Pages: [1]