Chaosforge Forum

• April 25, 2024, 20:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Your favorite weapon?  (Read 7668 times)

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
  • HOLD. DEVILS. POT OF TEA!
    • View Profile
Your favorite weapon?
« on: April 10, 2010, 02:41 »

with shottyman mine's double shotty
but without it's combat shotgun
...........A...A....M...A.....V
......V.............@......A..>
........V....V..C....B....B..A
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!!!

Doops

Re: Your favorite weapon?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 13:19 »

In all the Doom FPS games my favorite weapons were the chaingun and chainsaw. My favorite is a modded out Minigun. Sucks when I don't find one or aren't doing a MAc build.

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 08:46 »

*insert witty TF2 Sniper reference here*

It doesn't matter how powerful you are, I can blow your brains out from outside your range of vision and I can feel where you are in the level. There's no hiding from me when I- *Explodes in a pillar of Vile Fire*
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

bricks

• Elder
  • Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 09:22 »

Definitely shotgun, but that's because a) normal/combat/double give a lot of utility and b) it's the only weapon-type, aside from rocket launcher, I really have an understanding of.  My pistol/rapid-fire runs have ended stupidly.  I think it's that middle bit of the game that I struggle through the most with pistol/rapid-fire, since in the first case, I'm hoping for a unique and decent levels, and in the latter case, I am praying for an early plasma rifle.

GenTechJ

• Tester - DoomRL Staff
  • Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Hail to the king baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 11:08 »

Shotgun
The amount of damage in close quarters
Scoutability
And I've always loved them in every FPS anyways.

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 12:00 »

Missile launcher.

Call me crazy but the fact you get 4 shots extreemely deadly shots, ability to gib, make new routes, and that its moddable to hell and back and quarenteed to get in the wall, it is definatly has gained my top seal of approval for the most verstile and deadly weapon to use for middle levels and hell.
i dont even know anymore

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 12:55 »

I'll admit that S-Class weapons are good in close quarters and for control of weak or unarmored crowds, but my style of play is to never have a crowd to deal with and to never be in close quarters - hence my problems with the mindset needed to survive AoB - therefore, if I'm in a situation where a shotgun is optimal then I've screwed up royally and probably need to die anyway.

Missile Launcher and other Rocket Launching P-Class Weapons aren't my cup of tea (not that I drink tea), but they are better-suited for my style of play since I don't have to get all up in that Mancubus' face to get the most out of my Launcher.
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Passionario

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 14:18 »

Not without incident.
Who do you send when Warp can't get the job done?

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 21:38 »

If we're talking just normal weapons, then pistols are definitely my favorite.  It's a shame that they're really hard to work with on harder difficulties.  With a little modding and maxed damage traits, you get a good knockback half the time which, with the insane firing rate, almost always guarantees protection...so long as you don't move.  Not a lot of damage output but it's very safe by the time you get it going.  Gun Kata...lacks damage.  And of course, there are a lot of pistol uniques, so that only helps out a pistol build.

If we're talking any weapon at all, my definite favorite is the Railgun, with assault shotgun as a close second.  Railgun is absolutely sick in the right situations, not to mention it blows through walls with certainty (goodbye rockets) and gibs multiple weaklings in a row.  The damage per cell also beats the rifle, so it's just amazing.  Assault shotgun, for one, is fully moddable now, which can turn that weapon into pure bliss, and the sick reloading was always awesome.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

PSG-01

• Elder
  • Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 19:01 »

Shotgun.
especially Double Shotgun. this weapon is my favorite.
BANG BANG! (i'm korean so plz forgive my bad english. :( )

The DoomRLguy

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 15:18 »

BFG!

Um, I just realised I'mthe only one to choose BFG. XD
Unexpectedness is always a surprise.
Arch-Vile Marshal
[26|26|25|16|8|1]
JH: Major [10|9|7|1|0]

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 12:12 »

I quite like the bfg too The DoomRLguy but my favorite exotic is probably the missile launcher or the assault shotgun but my all time favorite weapon is the mighty railgun because it is so powerful,shame i have only ever used it twice.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 03:49 by Angles of death »

Garlyle

• Lance Corporal
  • Former Human Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 09:14 »

I've come to realise that I love the Shotgun.  Not the Assault Shotgun or Double Shotgun, but just the standard Shotgun.  It's probably because I'm playing on easier levels, but yeah, for some reason I just like it a whole lot.

...Favourite Exotic at the moment is hands down the Super Shotgun after getting my hands on one during an AoSG attempt.  The only reason I lost that thing was not paying attention to my health while trying to take down ArchViles and not realising I was almost dead until I had moved with only 12% health left, which was enough to be killed. (And I had like ten Large Medkits so really it was just my own stupidity).
Seriously though that thing is wicked powerful 8D
0.9.9.7 Stats: [7 M / 17 S / 4 A] - [10 / 2 / 2 / 0 / 0 / 0]

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 00:12 »

There's a super shotgun?Me wants! (edit)I checked the damage of that shotgun,with a few damage mods it will become stronger than the BFG so I think it deserves a promotion to Unique.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 03:53 by Angles of death »

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 22:29 »

For the normals, it has to be the humble combat shotgun. Scouting, pleb killing, cool sound, nice mechanics. Low ammo usage and knock-back with a power mod. I tend to carry one all the way to cybie, just as a beat stick for close range. So good, so under-valued.

For the exotics it has to be the missile launcher. Completely outclasses the weapon it replaces. Its safer, bulk mod-able and very accurate. And it even comes with a ton of XP and a backpack. Plus you can always get it (excepting challenge games). What more could you want? Maybe a bfg - although a quick-slotable weapon isn't that exotic in my opinion........

For the uniques it's probably the Hell-Staff. Free phase devices virtually. Or the Onyx Armour pack. Indestructable reds. Or The Anti-Freak Jackle. A six-shot mini-rocket-launcher with 100-size ammo slots. Or the Pancor Jackhammer. So much knock-back, so much fun to use, so hopeless without a shotty build......... It's a bit of a throw-up for the uniques. There's something there for everyone.

But overall my favourite weapon is the combat shotgun. No weapon has so many uses, or can be configured in so many ways.

Pages: [1] 2  All