Chaosforge Forum

• April 28, 2024, 06:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Most versatile weaponry and trait build?  (Read 1887 times)

Drukqs

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
Most versatile weaponry and trait build?
« on: July 10, 2010, 17:20 »

I was wondering what weapon classes were considered to be the "best" when it comes to versatility and what traits help further compliment that versatility? I was thinking something like EE -> EE -> Int -> Int -> SoaB -> SoaB etc. combined with automatics like the Chaingun and Plasma Rifle, carrying cells for your plasma rifle also ensures that if you run into a BFG9K or BFG10K you'll have plenty of ammo for it to make the rest of the game smooth sailing. I played awhile back before the most recent update, back around 0.9.9 or before that I believe. So I just started playing again but I'm pretty bad... I try to get a build going like the one mentioned above but can never manage to find the Chaingun in Hell's Arena (after beating round 1) before getting wrecked by the 2nd wave's Cacodemons. However, when I finally get lucky enough to have the Chaingun spawn right next to me, shit gets really crazy really fast. Tips are extremely welcome, thanks in advance.

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Most versatile weaponry and trait build?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 21:58 »

The easiest/most versatile build is probably the ammo-chain with juggler build.

Fin/Jug/Fin/WizK/SoaB/SoaB/TH/MAch/(then either iron man until the end or another triggerhappy to up the plasma/chain-gun damage).

It get's you off the mark quickly, with juggler offering massive versatility. Carrying two combat shotties, you can also switch out instantly to a single/double for up to four shotgun blasts without a reload. The more "normal" quick-slotable weapons you carry, the more versatile it is. Just carry 2 exotic/uniques (or shotties for scouting) and quickslot to whatever you need at the moment. A walking arsenal of death. Change from shotguns to something else as they lose their edge.

Whizkid comes online at about the exact same time you do the chained arena (letting you do something nice with the agility mods there). A nice, accurate chaingun/plasma early on is very helpful. Plus you can start packing bulk/power mods onto armour/bfgs/shotties so you don't have to have them wasting backpack space. Tech/agility mods are for your plasma rifle.

Then you slowly up your damage with your weapons, get better with your chaingun/plasma and then finally need no ammo for them. None. You can happily fire off a plasma all day without caring about cells, letting you carry a nicely bulk-modded bfg9k that's always fully loaded.

A really easy build. Early, easy shotgun/chaingun usage that moves into better chaingun/plasma usage as the game gets harder. Plasma ammo isn't a problem (so you can wing off rifle shots for small guys/bfgs for big) which helps a lot. Then it just makes you tougher to kill (with maybe one more shot from your plasma rifle if you want it).

The standard "easy" build. Quick start-up, mod-able weapons/armour, good end-game. Works well even in hard mode (where one shotty blast isn't enough, but two does fine). It's the best, for every non-challenge game(IMHO).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 21:59 by Sambojin »
Pages: [1]