Chaosforge Forum

• April 28, 2024, 04:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Badge Suggestion  (Read 2147 times)

Styro

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Badge Suggestion
« on: August 07, 2010, 11:41 »

I really like the current badges. I suggest adding one additional badge per level though. The new badge would be "Earn all <previous> level badges".

We could call it the Collector Badge. So a new Diamond badge would be "Collector Diamond Badge - Earn all Platinum level badges" and a new Platinum level badge would be "Collector Platinum Badge - Earn all Gold level badges".

For Bronze we could just make a new regular badge like "Hellgate Bronze Badge - Reach level 15 on Hurt Me Plenty".

The rational behind this change would be to reward players for collecting all the badges of each level and to offer them an alternate way to gain higher level badges. Personally I think it would be much more difficult to earn all the previous level badges than one badge of a level higher, but it would be an option.
Arch-Vile Mjr General
[19/19/12/7/3]

Game Hunter

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
  • Looks like game to me.
    • View Profile
    • Channel, the Roguelike
Re: Badge Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 15:01 »

I'm all for having an even 20 badges per...metal, but Collector seems like a bit of a cop-out. Furthermore, the Collector Diamond badge would mean you'd need all Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum badges, since you can't have all Platinums without the Collector Platinum (which requires all Golds including Collector Gold which requires...well, you get the point). Collection prizes could be used in the form of additional content, however, like unlocking exotics/uniques to be found throughout the game, or in order to get a full victory altogether.

A Collector badge I CAN imagine is one that requires you to get all of the medals in the game (cluster, Compet-N, etc) including the hidden ones: that's worth at least a Platinum.
I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Latest LPs: Angband, Delver

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 05:18 »

Ooo putting the medals to good use!  I concur muchly to this one, since currently, medals are not doing much things in terms of bragging rights.

Can probably give new nicknames based on the medals obtained since they are often gotten from particular styles of play.

E.g.: Arch-Vile "Hell Arena" Major General
I computed, therefore I was.

Angles of death

• Second Lieutenant
  • HOLD. DEVILS. POT OF TEA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 06:04 »

Ooo putting the medals to good use!  I concur muchly to this one, since currently, medals are not doing much things in terms of bragging rights.

Can probably give new nicknames based on the medals obtained since they are often gotten from particular styles of play.

E.g.: Arch-Vile "Hell Arena" Major General
I agree but mine would probably be "Former Human Target Practice Man"
...........A...A....M...A.....V
......V.............@......A..>
........V....V..C....B....B..A
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!!!

UltimateChaos

• Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Arch-Vile Mjr. General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 18:49 »

You know what would be fun... slightly increasing rate of exotic or unique drop based on badges obtained ^_^
[22/22/19/7/3]
Just completed Strongman Gold ^_^
Pages: [1]