General > Graveyard

Deathwatch IC

<< < (8/9) > >>

Malek Deneith:
- "You suggest we try to take on a tyranid hiveship?" - Zahariel looked at Verran - "No offense brother, but I don't believe this possible. We're fluing but a single Thunderhawk, they'll shoot us down long before we reach them. On ground we might at least find a way to to send an information of this... infestation."

Xander Morhaime:
"Given the choice between staving off a planetary invasion and launching a boarding action, I determine the boarding action to carry higher odds of success with our current resources. Though admittedly, the odds of either approach succeeding are extremely low. Lower than the chance of finding a Codex Astartes adherent among the sons of Russ."

The devastator summed up the overall bleak situation with a shrug.

"I will grant, however, that sending out a warning to local naval forces would benefit the Imperium far more - greater odds of success in the long run, certainly, but it would almost certainly be a suicide mission. Still... in the end, the choice now rests with our lady inquisitor," Verran said, looking to Sophia again. "Of course, if we do decide to warn the rest of the Imperium, we should try to have more information than "Tyranids here!", I believe... Perhaps we might delay out here enough to at least get some bearing at what is the scale of the danger here? A brief fly-around and observations from the pilot would be better than nothing."

Gargulec:
Sophia was strangely silent from the moment the bio-plasm hit the ship. She listened to discussion closely.

'Indeed, fly-around is a good tactical choice, we need to have more intel before we decide on anything... and, Brothers, it would indeed appear that our first priority now is to warn the Imperial forces. The Great Devourer forces must be stopped. As for the boarding actions, Brothers, my experience with naval warfare is minimal, so I ask you for advice: is it it possible for boarding action to succeed? For indeed, against entire world being invaded by Tyranids, we stand no chance.'

Xander Morhaime:
"Thunderhawks were not designed with boarding actions in mind. Actually getting aboard a hive ship would be close to a miracle," Verran replied after some consideration. "We would likely exhaust our ammunition before reaching any critical systems, and in close quarters we would be bogged down by enemy numbers."

"The odds of a successful boarding strike are minimal," the devastator summed up with a shrug.

Kamikaze14:
The pilot calls from the cockpit, "Entering atmosphere now.  Sensors are picking up an Astartes transponder in the city's chapel.  I recommend-"  The voice is cut off by an explosion.  The Thunderhawk begins to tilt forward.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version