Chaosforge Forum

• April 25, 2024, 23:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Wiki email confirmation broken?  (Read 3907 times)

Moodguy

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Wiki email confirmation broken?
« on: March 05, 2011, 04:15 »

Hi, on http://doom.chaosforge.org/wiki/index.php?title=Pistol I wanted to fill in the missing weapon_source parameter and registered an account (User:Moodguy). In order to be able to edit, I apparently need to confirm my email. However, no confirmation code arrived. I re-requested a confirmation code under "my preferences", but still no email arrived. The email address I entered is correct, and I also succeeded in sending a test email to myself. Is email confirmation broken, or have I missed something?

Best,
Moodguy

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki email confirmation broken?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 05:12 »

Have you checked your spam folder? Quite often Wiki-style mail gets directed there automatically.

If that fails, who is your e-mail provider? I seem to recall certain ones having trouble receiving confirmation e-mails from Chaosforge.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

Moodguy

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 05:39 »

Nothing in the spam folder. Email provider is Global Message Exchange (gmx.net). I tried with a different email account now, and guess what, it worked like a charm. Thank you for this hint!

In my edit, I also added a category just for kicks. (http://doom.chaosforge.org/wiki/index.php?title=Pistol) Unfortunately, the category bar at the bottom looks a little ugly (it appears to keep the default MediaWiki colours). Can these colours be changed to match the general DoomRL style?

Best,
Moodguy

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 06:58 »

Glad to hear that your confirmation e-mail problem was easy to fix. :)

I'm actually not that up to date on the wiki information. Your best bet for those sorts of questions is getting onto the #chaosforge channel on quakenet on IRC. The main wiki updaters and maintainers tend to hand around there pretty often.

Otherwise, you might send Game_Hunter a private message. If he's not the one to contact, he should be able to point you in the right direction.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

yaflhdztioxo

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
  • Lost Sole
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 07:53 »

So that's why nobody uses categories...

Well that and proper infoboxes are all on the wishlist.  AAAny day now KK will descend from the heavens and fix that.  Any day now...

Moodguy

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 14:50 »

I did some research. Apparently, these colours are set in MediaWiki's CSS files. The default CSS fragment for categories is
Code: [Select]
#catlinks {
    border: 1px solid #ccc;
    background-color: #f9f9f9;
    padding: 5px;
    margin-top: 1em;
    clear: both;
}

To deuglify, you have to change those colours (presumably background-color: black and border: 1px solid red, or some darker shade of red). To do that, you have to place
Code: [Select]
#catlinks {
    border: 1px solid red; /* or whatever */
    background-color: black;
    padding: 5px;
    margin-top: 1em;
    clear: both;
}

into the page http://doom.chaosforge.org/wiki/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Common.css

Problem is, only admins can do that. Maybe an admin is reading this thread?

Best,
Moodguy
Pages: [1]