Chaosforge Forum

• April 25, 2024, 23:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Doom Stuff in D&D 3  (Read 2491 times)

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
Doom Stuff in D&D 3
« on: March 14, 2011, 16:33 »

So, I was tinkering with the idea of Istraki Ghouls and Klorofolun within D&D 3rd edition, and then I got to thinking about how the creatures and outsiders of Doom would be represented within D&D 3rd.

So, before I go anywhere else:

The "Feat" Diehard -

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ALL Marines, Former Whatevers, and Martian Outsiders get this feat for free (to duplicate how you and Cybie can duke it out until 1 HP each and still be fully functional). In addition, all Marines and former whatevers get Firearm Proficiency (Gun), Firearm Proficiency (Shrapnel) and Firearm Proficiency (Chain) for free, and Marines and Former Commandos get Firearm Proficiency (Plasma) and Firearm Proficiency (Launcher) for free as well.

For Non-Marines only:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...so, where do I go from here?
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

grommile

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
  • mmm beer
    • View Profile
Re: Doom Stuff in D&D 3
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 02:05 »

The Diehard feat is superfluous; it already exactly describes D&D3 and d20 Modern's hit point system. (The core rules do not have anything remotely resembling a "called shot" mechanic unless the target is officially classed as helpless (e.g. bound and gagged, paralysed, or unconscious).

Regarding firearms, I suggest you grab a copy of the d20 Modern SRD from somewhere to use as a starting point.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:09 by grommile »
0.9.9.7: 22-15-10-0-0 22/43 62/67 (P 349, D 43/67) 36/40 (B19 A12 M5) Arch-Vile CPT

Armorer Platinum and Diamond should be abolished; the Dragonslayer taboo deserves every scrap of mockery it receives.

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 06:15 »

Diehard: The first pen-and-paper system I used was Rolemaster, and (for those that don't know) it had all sorts of secondary effects added to every attack in order to make it more realistic (eg. Broken bones from being critted by a bludgeoning attack). If I don't include it explicitly, I may forget what ruleset I'm using and say "the Archvile burns your leg; movement speed is reduced." I see what you mean about it being superfluous, though.

I'll look into firearms on d20 Modern; they may have most of the Doom junk already.
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

grommile

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
  • mmm beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 12:57 »

Oh, I know about Rolemaster :) "Blast reduces foe's skeleton to jelly. Try a spatula."
0.9.9.7: 22-15-10-0-0 22/43 62/67 (P 349, D 43/67) 36/40 (B19 A12 M5) Arch-Vile CPT

Armorer Platinum and Diamond should be abolished; the Dragonslayer taboo deserves every scrap of mockery it receives.
Pages: [1]