Chaosforge Forum

• April 26, 2024, 16:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.9.2 linux] Bug? Got Major Icarus Cross but not Minor Icarus Cross  (Read 2147 times)

mpj

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

First Angel of Pacifism victory! And I didn't have any of the Icarus Crosses. The game rewarded me with the Major, but other badges/medals I got earlier were awarded even when the requirement were met for a superior award (like UAC Star, I got Bronze and Silver with the same rush).

So unless the incoherence is intentional, I guess it's a bug.

ZZ

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile

Duplicate of this I suppose
Put a chainsaw in my coffin. If I go to Hell, I'll need to do some cleaning there.

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile

Badges that are awarded only once will be awarded if you fulfill the requirements. So for example you can obtain both a bronze and silver medal for completing most challenges: you've fulfilled the requirements of both at the same time. They will not be awarded on subsequent trips.

Medals that can be earned multiple times will only award the highest value that you've managed to obtain.

An explanation: if you fulfill the requirements of earning a brown belt in a martial art, you be given the belt. Proving you are worthy of the belt again will not gain you another belt. If you compete and are awarded second place, you do not earn the third and fourth place prize at the same time. The next time you compete you can earn a fresh prize, though.
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.

mpj

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

Duplicate of this I suppose
Sorry.. I didn't check.

Medals that can be earned multiple times will only award the highest value that you've managed to obtain.
Ok, thanks for the example. What I thought as a bug was the inconsistency beetwen how the Icarus Cross and the UAC Star were awarded (as I got both Bronzefrom the same run), but it is entirely possible that I killed 25, got damaged and then killed another 50. I don't remember that run.

So, sorry for the nonbug. Is there any way to mark this as closed?

Tavana

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile

Locked. Would have done so earlier, but phone browsing doesn't always give me the option. :)
Common words do not mean common understanding. Language is mercurial. Meanings are never constant.
Pages: [1]