Chaosforge Forum

• April 25, 2024, 20:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A few ideas  (Read 2280 times)

CptBlaino

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
A few ideas
« on: August 24, 2011, 09:12 »

Sorry if any of these have been suggested before, but some searching didn't turn up anything

I was recently playing some AoB and and had times when I would need a strategic berserk or when I would be pounding on herds of demons without getting the needed red screen.

I was trying to think of some way that a beserker could get a berserk boost when desperately needed, but a way that wouldn't be too overpowered.
So, could small medkit be used to give an unberseked player 5 turns of berserk and no healing? If a player is already berserked, they would get health as normal but it wouldn't add to the 'zerk counter

Also, after picking up a tracking map or computer map, can the (l)ook command be used to see what exactly the items on the ground are?

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A few ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 14:27 »

Actually, using large med-packs used to give the effect of a berserk pack in AoB, but it was removed for being to powerful. A smaller boost like you suggested might be more balanced. However, changes to the berserker trait are already in the works for the next version. The exact fate of berserker isn't yet determined, but check back in September to download the new version and see how things turned out. If you don't like it, feel free to make another suggestion then.

As for the [l]ook command, I think this has been requested before. However, nothing ever came of it. I took a look at the code, and it looks doable. This will have only a very small effect on gameplay (when berserking for example) since color bindings can be used to resolve most ambiguities. I'll see about implementing this. If no one vetoes it ;).

CptBlaino

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 16:34 »

Thanks, I am eagerly awaiting the new version. I've heard lots of stuff that sounds good and would have donated to get access to the beta testing, but alas, paying for education and an engagement ring dramatically impacts one's monetary stash.

MaiZure

• Marketing/PR Ops Lead
  • Greater Elder
  • Major General
  • Retired 1-Star General (.993)
    • View Profile
    • Project repository
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 19:48 »

...and an engagement ring...

And this will tend to cut in to quality DoomRL time :P
Hell Knight 1st Lt. (.997)
[22/13/9/2/0]

CptBlaino

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 20:16 »

Hopefully not. Once the graphical version comes out, she want to try it again. She didn't really like the ASCII version. I got her into NetHack using its graphical verson.
Pages: [1]