Chaosforge Forum

• April 26, 2024, 08:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Less exotic/unique assemblies  (Read 14096 times)

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
Re: Less exotic/unique assemblies
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 08:12 »

The problem with having the Nano Pack in so many useful assemblies is that it prevents you from making other useful assemblies by the simple fact that there's only one Nano Pack in any given run, if there's even one at all.
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Uranium

• Greater Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Heavier Than A Death In The Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 09:39 »

The problem with having the Nano Pack in so many useful assemblies is that it prevents you from making other useful assemblies by the simple fact that there's only one Nano Pack in any given run, if there's even one at all.
This.
Also, none of the weapon assemblies (maybe save biggest fucking gun) really seem to have the same effect on you a nano-modded napalm launcher does.
Use power for power.

tiw

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 12:15 »

After playing around in Ao100 for a while, the Cerberus Armor serves only to make armors with all three pre-existing physical protections (bullet/melee/shrapnel) the absolute best ones to use throughout the game as the result provides protection from all sources of damage. Which basically makes it a waste on anything but exotic armors with all three of those, which I hope isn't the intent (it probably is).

I think the assemblies really only serve to make good equipment into god-tier equipment as pointed out earlier in the thread and not some makeshift tool. I'd really prefer if the game was less focused on getting lucky with item spawns.

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 14:23 »

The regular game is perfectly able to be beaten without any specials; it's the million or so medals and other awards that require being lucky with item spawns.
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

AlterAsc

• Supporter
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 05:40 »

serves only to make armors with all three pre-existing physical protections
Having or not having bullet and shrapnel resistances in the late game does not differ much.Only formers deal it and who cares about them in late game(excluding commandos)?
And melee makes difference only for melee builds.
So in short - i disagree.I belive the best for this assembly is onyx armor.
(0.9.9.6 - ?) Arch-Vile Chaos Lt. Colonel [26|20|18|16|12|2]

Thexare

• Elder
  • Captain
  • I think I need a new favorite gun now...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2011, 20:09 »

*Sigh*, I think he means Unbreakable. In the same sense that the Lava, Cybernetic and Malek's armor "Cannot be destroyed by damage."
I'm fully aware of what he means.

But making it impossible to be destroyed by damage doesn't do anything becuase it doesn't take any damage! Once again, damage won't destroy something that takes no damage.

Now, if you wanted to make it impossible to remove, like Power or Cybernetic, that's another thing entirely. But Angelic Armor can be taken off, and that's what he cited as his example.

EDIT: Wiat a second. Are you talking about changing it from "takes no damage" to "takes damage but is never destroyed"? Sorry, been tired and allergic to everything lately, and kept reading it as adding never-destroyed to it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 22:29 by Thexare »
Former Human Corporal
1/42 M, 7/60 S, 3/30 A
[ 6 / 1 / 0 / 0 / 0 ]

tiw

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2011, 01:49 »

EDIT: Wiat a second. Are you talking about changing it from "takes no damage" to "takes damage but is never destroyed"? Sorry, been tired and allergic to everything lately, and kept reading it as adding never-destroyed to it.
I'm pretty sure that was the common understanding here.

Thexare

• Elder
  • Captain
  • I think I need a new favorite gun now...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 20:14 »

Man I hate when I make an ass of myself.

Carry on!
Former Human Corporal
1/42 M, 7/60 S, 3/30 A
[ 6 / 1 / 0 / 0 / 0 ]
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All