General > Play-By-Forum

Dwarf Fortress - Chaosfortunes: Year 4 (anyone can still join)

<< < (3/22) > >>

Kashi:

--- Quote from: Matt_S on February 14, 2012, 15:15 ---Behold!

--- End quote ---
Well, waddaya think? Today, we get the new version... and I see that Phoebus already upgraded his tileset D:

God damn it, now I have to download it... AGAIN.

Klear:
Awesome! Designations across multiple Z-levels!

I'd like to play the succession fort in the new version, but it seems Dwarf Therapist doesn't work with it yet, and I'd rather wait for that.

In any case, there seems to be enough interest, so let's agree on the basics:

Does anybody have any preferences for:
- worldgen
- embark
- some voluntary limitations (i.e. no cage traps?)
- tileset/ASCII (BTW, does anybody know if it is necessary that all players share the same tileset?)
- time limit (in-game time and real life time)
- whatever else I didn't think of

I'd say it will be best for each player to play one in game year, and have one week (at most) to finish it. As for the other things, I don't really care. Maybe some kind of evil embark, to make it a little more fun...

RSO:
I'd be interested, if there's still room.

Worldgen: Preferably a large world so we can get the perfect embark site. I'm very picky.
Embark Site:
Look for somewhere:
-Flat and cold, with as little vegetation as possible. (Tundras and deserts have historically run faster than sites where there's a lot going on with the wildlife. They also tend to lack Carp, Giant Eagles, and Unicorns)
-With at least three soil layers for most of it
-And no aquifers
-Except for in a second biome in the same site, so we have a water source
-Evil!
Embark Supplies:
-Lose the anvil, we can buy one later.
-Lose the axes, it's much cheaper to just bring a bunch of logs
-Bring extra food
-Bring extra booze
Embark Dorfs:
-If we have seven definitely interested, we can each design a dwarf.
-I would like to have at least two miners.
Tileset: We don't need to all use the same tileset.
Time Limit: As suggested - one year game/one week real per player.
Mods: No mods. (Utilities like Dwarf Therapist are okay, of course, but no world-gen mods)

I would be happy to take the worldgen and first year, and get our food industry up and running while we wait for Dwarf Therapist to update. Dwarf Therapist is awesome, but I only need it after the second year.

Klear:

--- Quote from: RSO on February 15, 2012, 11:54 ----If we have seven definitely interested, we can each design a dwarf.
--- End quote ---

I think it will be better if everybody just claims a dwarf when they take over. Accidents happen after all.

As for you handling the worldgen and first year, that's fine by me, since I hate starting new forts from scratch.

BTW, Dwarf Therapist seems to support the new version now, so nothing stands in the way. Start when you're ready, I'll take the second year and whoever else wants to reserve his place, just post in this topic and I'll update the original post with the list.

raekuul:
Blah.

I tried running Fortress. This computer and the other one I have... neither one can run it reasonably well enough. I will be forced to be a spectator.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version