Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 14:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: [IC] The Lesser of Two Heresies.  (Read 113578 times)

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] The Lesser of Two Heresies.
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2012, 07:29 »

MkLear looks at Lazerus with disapproval. "You'd better keep that thing well hidden. There's a lot of people who wouldn't hesitate to kill all of us if they caught glimpse of the rosette on your neck, sure as sure. And I have a feeling it's exactly the kind of people we'll be dealing with soon."

He puts his hand into his pocket, as if making sure the rosette given to him is still there, but when he takes it out, his wooden dice are in his palm instead.

"I've got a technical question," he turns to Van Bohr. "Could we maybe get some thrones up front? I'm a little low on money right now, and I need to pick up some supplies." He crushes the lho-stick butt under his boot and mutters with a faint hint of irony: "I was going to ask for half in advance, but seeing as you are offering us *anything we want*,"  halving that could prove difficult."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:40 by Klear »
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2012, 09:36 »

MkLear looks at Lazerus with disapproval. "You'd better keep that thing well hidden. There's a lot of people who wouldn't hesitate to kill all of us if they caught glimpse of the rosette on your neck, sure as sure. And I have a feeling it's exactly the kind of people we'll be dealing with soon."

He puts his hand into his pocket, as if making sure the rosette given to him is still there, but when he takes it out, his wooden dice are in his palm instead.

You are greeted with the same blank stare again, but this time you'd swear you saw a muscle twitch beneath Lazerus' right eye. Taking a moment as if to regain his composure, he replies: "And of course, as any hivewise person knows, your jacket pocket will be the last place any of the hundreds of urchins we'll be running into over the next couple of days will be digging for treasure in..."

Having said that, the necklace disappears beneath his clothing.
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2012, 04:51 »

"Well, they are welcome to try to pickpocket me," MkLear replies with a sneer. "I've lived on hive worlds most of my life, so I can take care of myself. Can you?"

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2012, 05:39 »

While Lazerus slowly starts walking towards you, again the same calm voice replies, "Of course you have, sweetheart, which explains why your stupid face betrays the fact that you needed me to point out your ignorance. Now, you have taken me for a mutie, you have taken me for a fool and you have taken me for a juve; if you want to insult me again, you had better make it count," - by this time he's standing face to face with you, a little too close to be comfortable with, slightly looking up at you so you can see yourself reflected in his shiny yellow eyes - "because it will be the last remark you'll ever make."

With that, you feel what can only be the barrel of an autogun suddenly but very unmistakably being pressed into your groin.

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2012, 06:19 »

"Whoa there! We're supposed to be a team, right? You can't take everything so fething personally, Laz."

MkLear leans closer to Lazerus' ear, so that he's the only one to hear him.

"Also we should focus on making a good impression on the gentleman from the Inquisition. You know, the one holding our lives in his hands? If we start fighting among ourselves, he will reconsider his proposal, sure as sure. None of us wants that, right?"

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2012, 06:55 »

Lazerus utters a short laugh, a harsh, raspy sound, but sounding genuinely amused nonetheless. Not following your lead, he replies in his normal tone of voice: "Trust me, you don't want to find out how much I care."

With that, you feel the pressure on your genitals being withdrawn, as Lazerus turns his back to you and leisurely walks back to the spot he was standing in before.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2012, 07:04 »

"Done with your baby fighting, lads?" - speaks HexaDoken in a rather sarcastic tone. - "We have more serious buisness to attend."

This guy was watching the clash all this time, with interest shining in his eyes. Whatever they'd did, red haired merc didn't moved even a tiny bit. He seems to not care about losing any of his newly aqquired comrades, neither he seems to care about meeting a gun barrel, which, considering what he just said, is quite probable.

But his look is not a look of someone who suspects nothing from you.
2nd Lieutenant Hell Baron, Body Count: 43879
Wins:[1|7|1|0|0] Deaths: [7|90|26|16|2] Badges:[18|10|4|0|0]
Highest Score: 214763
Currently Doing: AoB HNTR

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2012, 07:35 »

MkLear lights another lho-stick and waits.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2012, 11:44 »

"Done with your baby fighting, lads?" - speaks HexaDoken in a rather sarcastic tone. - "We have more serious buisness to attend."

Lazerus casts another patented blank stare in your direction as he walks by. Whatever emotions he might have previously been experiencing, there appears to be nothing left of them.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2012, 14:18 »

The Inquisitor watches you arguing and threatening each other and slowly shakes his head with a loud sigh.
"This makes the thing a lot harder, now", he drawls through his teeth, then claps his hands once again.
Then once again, a section of wall opens up, spitting away three servitors, the same as before, yet even more rotten in flesh. Which is surprising, one of them appears to be a dead little girl - now with bionic wings attached. She flaps them gracefully as her torn old dress dances in the air, the sight both marvelous and grotesque.
With a silent whirring sound, they advance towards you - two towards Lazerus and the girl towards MkLear.

"Luckily, I've foreseen this kind of scenario", the headsman adds, his voice silent and somewhat disappointed.

One servitor catches Lazerus by the hands and contorts them painfully behind his back. The grasp is so sudden and forceful that it is almost impossible to stand against it.
The other servitor from a pair slides in front of the mutant, his hands attaching something to his neck.

The little girl-servitor floats before MkLear, pressing something right into his hands.
A kind of remote control that has two buttons - a red one and a green one.

"The red one detonates the collar. The green one releases it", the man in red robes explains. "Use it in case he tries this again."

The ring clasps around lizardman's neck, then he becomes released - just as violently as he got caught before. He can feel his hands aching.
Two servitors roll back into their hiding place.

"This leaves us with just one matter to settle. Funds. I am afraid we cannot supply you with weapons from our ship's armory - just because these are too easy to recognize, in your case would act as rosettes would if someone found them. But still, we can give you money. I am pretty sure you will be able to find at least a thousand black market weapon traders down there."
Once again, Van Bohr opens his briefcase, putting out the red material rosettes were situated in. You realize that the case had a compartment under the bottom.
The Inquisitor pulls out some papers, then puts some back in the case, then slides the bag on the floor - in your general direction.
"Here we have... one thousand thrones. I believe it to be about enough to satisfy your armament needs. What else?"

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2012, 14:27 »

Lazerus rises to his knees, taking a moment to catch his breath. He then rises to his feet, and gives the collar an experimental tug. And grinning as he looks at MkLear, he says: "There - now we have something to base your rediculous story on..."

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2012, 21:05 »

MkLear examines the remote control in his right hand, evidently relishing the power - if only over one soul - it gives him. He grins slightly as he eyes the two buttons, and with a theatrical gesture he raises a single digit of his free hand and...

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2012, 23:21 »

The purple-eyed man suddenly bursts into laughter. Short-lived, this laughter does not show any emotions - it's a type of laughter which you can hear after telling a good joke. - "Ooh boy... For some reason, I now feel that I'll end up with a single colleague pretty soon."

He follows the servitors with a mask of disgust stuck on his face.

HexaDoken then walks towards the case, completely ignoring MkLear, who is quite looking like going to end lizardman's life right now. Upon reaching the bag, mercerenary crouches before it, and inspects the money for several seconds. He then starts to take some in his hands.

"Thousand thrones... that cannot be divided by three. Oh well. One throne left for the charity, I guess?"

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:58 by HexaDoken »
2nd Lieutenant Hell Baron, Body Count: 43879
Wins:[1|7|1|0|0] Deaths: [7|90|26|16|2] Badges:[18|10|4|0|0]
Highest Score: 214763
Currently Doing: AoB HNTR

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2012, 02:07 »

...presses the green button. The collar jerks open, falling to the floor with a clang.

"Or lives will likely depend on each other. There's gotta be trust between us if we are to work with each other. No hard feelings, eh, Laz?"
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:27 by Klear »

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2012, 04:16 »

Lazerus stands stock still for a second or two after the clatter has stopped, and does something you now realize you haven't seen him do up until now: he blinks.

He bends over to pick up the collar, examines and then closes it as he steps towards MkLear. Then, offering him this mechanical shackle, he says: "You bastard. I owe you."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27