Chaosforge Forum

  • June 17, 2024, 08:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.



Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dodgemaster - for Cyberdemon and former humans only?  (Read 2129 times)

tylor

  • Sergeant
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 63
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Dodgemaster - for Cyberdemon and former humans only?
« on: February 17, 2013, 11:37 »

I'm looking at dodgemaster trait... It grants guaranteed dodge, but once per monster only. So, against burst fire enemies (commando, captain, arachnotrons) it has very little use.
Vs knight, baron, imp, caco you have 50 base dodge + 30 from HR2 + 10 from tactical boots = 90%
Sergeants, Mancubus, Revenants, Archviles don't care about dodging at all.

Former humans have 10 base dodgerate and low rof, so dodgemaster helps a lot to avoid their damage. But they rarely matter anyway. Cyberdemon has 30, and dodgemaster helps a lot, though with tactical boots and armor you have 80% dodge chance, and if you are running (extra 20%) - 95% chance.

Also, after 10th (edit - 12th)  level you can get HR3, that raises dodge chance even against Cybie to 95% with boots.

So, outside very specific situations (like, AoPC) Dodgemaster is not worth taking. If you want better dodge, wait for level 10 (edit - 12) and take HR3 - it will let you dodge near-perfectly.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 20:19 by tylor »
Logged

ZicherCZ

  • Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • *
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 744
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
Re: Dodgemaster - for Cyberdemon and former humans only?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 15:55 »

With all respect, you are probably playing a completely different game.

DM still has all the benefits of HR2 - even against rapid-fire adversaries you are likely to about half the damage, if not way less. DM is certainly Scouts' choice, and doubly a choice for an AoMC run. Your numbers are right, for all I know, but a 90% dodge chance simply doesn't stand a chance against a full 100% chance.

YMMV, of course.
Logged
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

skarczew

  • Elder
  • Major General
  • *
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 974
    • View Profile
Re: Dodgemaster - for Cyberdemon and former humans only?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 15:59 »

It worked once for burst enemies ;) .
Logged

tylor

  • Sergeant
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 63
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Dodgemaster - for Cyberdemon and former humans only?
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 17:22 »

With all respect, you are probably playing a completely different game.
Yes, probably:) I prefer walls and distance for defense instead of dodging. I should try playing some Gun Kata games for a change...
Logged

AlterAsc

  • Supporter
  • Major
  • *
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 399
    • View Profile
Re: Dodgemaster - for Cyberdemon and former humans only?
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 20:03 »

There's some degree of truth in your statement. Still it helps and if you have HR2 you might as well take DM too.
Though HR3 is availabe at lvl12 not 10.
Logged
(0.9.9.6 - ?) Arch-Vile Chaos Lt. Colonel [26|20|18|16|12|2]
Pages: [1]