Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 09:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: So what packages now?  (Read 1855 times)

malpractice

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
So what packages now?
« on: April 11, 2013, 22:23 »

I feel kind of awkward asking this, but what packages do I need to get for ubuntu? Apparently the fact that I'm using it means I'm automagically smart and know everything about it...
But I don't...

But seriously, I know how to get packages (Yay me!). There are no such beasts like what its telling me what I need to get on the download page. What exactly am I looking for other then the not very helpful (for me) 'You need SDL and blah and blah.'  (I even tried using that annoying eat my computer's face package manager thing in an attempt to find such wild beasts as SDL and libpng...)

Apparently I'm all out of pokeballs and I can't catch them all :(

And hey zues, that captcha thing is damn annoying after I fail it like a few times in a row each time it comes up...(Yes, I get it, I apparently can't see either you stupid computer...)

the_scented_llama_of_doom

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: So what packages now?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 00:13 »

Hi... I'm running Ubuntu 11.04: the ones I have installed are libsdl1.2debian, libsdl-mixer1.2 and liblua5.1 and lua5.1. I don't think you need timidity anymore but it can't hurt...

Try this:

sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2debian libsdl-mixer1.2 liblua5.1 lua5.1 timidity

I think that should do the trick :-)  If it doesn't work then run synaptic and look for sdl, sdl-mixer, lua5.1 and timidity (those are all mentioned in the unix_notes.txt file in the doomrl game archive).
0.9.9.7 Arch-Vile General
[22|18|16|12|8|2]

malpractice

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: So what packages now?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 00:23 »

fff....captcha, I fail you....

Heh, perfect timing, just downloaded it again (why is it so sloooow when everything else is so faaaast to download) and it finally finished, thanks for the package names.

I may of accidentally deleted the folder and the file it came from last time I downloaded it, but I will totally look at the readme this time before I go and delete it on accident again...

And oddly enough, I DID try synaptic and it didn't find a bloody thing when I typed any of those names in the search bar, probably just lubuntu screwing with my head again (which it seems to do a lot...)
DAMNIT, THOSE ARE THE LETTERS, SO TINY >.> Ctrl+ to the rescue I guess...gutcap? Ya, I want to shoot you in the gut too computer...
Pages: [1]