Chaosforge Forum

• March 19, 2024, 04:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Modifying constants and a no trait restriction mod  (Read 5368 times)

bobjones

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Modifying constants and a no trait restriction mod
« on: April 20, 2014, 17:32 »

Hi, I'm new to modding DoomRL, but not to modding in general.  Normally I'd like to tweak various values such as constants, like how much ammo you get from a box of shells for example, to make things more fun/interesting for myself.  Unfortunately everything I've seen suggests modifications are more for creating new content rather then modifying existing content.  For example, I'd like to see a mod that removes all the trait restrictions, so any class can get any trait and master traits don't have any blocked traits, but to do that I'd have to modify the constants and code dealing with traits, and I don't see any way to do that currently.

yaflhdztioxo

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Captain
  • Lost Sole
    • View Profile
Re: Modifying constants and a no trait restriction mod
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 00:04 »

A few of those you could change with some clever editing but essentially what you are looking to do is create a new wad entirely where you are not beholden to the defines of the original game.  And that is something you can't do very easily right now.  Your best bet is to try asking around IRC.
Pages: [1]