DoomRL > Discussion

DRL: Xtreme Arena

(1/22) > >>

Tormuse:
Hi everyone!  I'm not sure where to put this thread, so if a moderator wants to move it, that's okay.  :)

Anyway, a while back, (about four years ago?) Maizure created a Beta version of a game based on DRL called Xtreme Arena.  Maizure invited me to try it out back then, but due to technical difficulties, it remained untouched on my hard drive until recently...  But now that I've tried it out, I must say that it's a pretty awesome creation that I can tell a lot of work went into, so I wanted to share some videos of me playing through it.  (And winning for the first time!)  :D  Here they are, about an hour each:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

It ended with a crash which I guess is par for the course when you're playing a Beta game, but I think it's still a pretty good showcase of a great DRL spin-off.  :)

singalen:
Doom, Rogue-and-Superhot-like. Sounds fun!
Any plans to publish it?

MaiZure:
You killed KK! The game rightfully should crash because it ceases to exist immediately! (haha)

Nah you did so well that you unlocked the KK boss fight, which never got much play testing because no one has really done it (or at least didn't report the crash to me). Looks like a bug in KK's unique flame thrower weapon (pointer dereference after being freed). I'll see if I can dig up the sources and patch it. Then give it out here for all to play.

Thanks a lot for the video! I never expected a single play through to last 3 hours and after all that, it's a shame we don't get to see the victory stats.

Good times!

EDIT:

--- Quote from: singalen on June 25, 2017, 01:22 ---Doom, Rogue-and-Superhot-like. Sounds fun!
Any plans to publish it?

--- End quote ---

"Publish" is such a strong word for a product derived from another product that's received an official cease & desist noticed from the original creators :P
Nah the project is dead - abandonware

Tormuse:

--- Quote from: MaiZure on June 25, 2017, 01:23 ---You killed KK! The game rightfully should crash because it ceases to exist immediately! (haha)

--- End quote ---

Ah, so I was right; that *was* Kornel!  :D

--- Quote from: MaiZure on June 25, 2017, 01:23 ---Nah you did so well that you unlocked the KK boss fight, which never got much play testing because no one has really done it (or at least didn't report the crash to me). Looks like a bug in KK's unique flame thrower weapon (pointer dereference after being freed). I'll see if I can dig up the sources and patch it. Then give it out here for all to play.

--- End quote ---

Maybe I can try to win again, and this time just back away from KK when delivering the killing blow so that his flamethrower isn't active.  :)  (Of course, if you want to post a patched version here, that's welcome too)  ;)

MaiZure:
Those plans would probably work...or avoiding conquerer..I think then you just get the Spidey fight and then the victory screen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version