Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 14:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [U|100%|YAAM] Elite Platinum Badge  (Read 2377 times)

Icy

• Second Lieutenant
  • First-try Veteran Angelic Badge
    • View Profile
[U|100%|YAAM] Elite Platinum Badge
« on: July 15, 2023, 20:27 »

I generally don't enjoy playing standard games compared to fun challenges, and I especially don't enjoy being forced to go through every bonus level, which is why I've procrastinated this badge for so long. After messing around with silly builds, I decided to play something more seriously and one-tried this badge. Of course though, this was due to some of the most insane luck I could have asked for. Since this is my first time earning this badge, I wanted to post the mortem.

I found Duelist Armor super early into the game, although I had rolled Phobos Lab:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I figured I had enough movement speed to lure the Nightmare Demons safely:

And indeed I did:

After Phobos, I rolled Hell's Armory which was also really nice. Had I rolled Deimos Lab, I was planning to use the trick where you skip the Shamblers but still conquer the level:

I found Plasma Shotgun inside, meaning I could swap out my rockets which was really nice:

I unfortunately got hit by the Shambler just before the final hit, but the vault was still very lucky!

I also had Cerberus Boots in Mod Pack form in my inventory, so I would start working towards Whizkid.

And then the good luck went crazy with a Nano Pack on Deimos 2!

My plan for this was going to be Nanomanufacture Plasma Rifle, which would significantly help with ammo management, having a great weapon, and attacking faster without needing to reload!

I also noticed that two of the needed Bulk Packs were also on this floor!

Rolling The Wall was also nice:

I actually almost botched my run, not realizing how much power was needed to bust through the wall with my Plasma Shotgun. I was very lucky I hadn't put in my Nano Pack into my Plasma Rifle yet:

From here, the rest was easy:

Of the level pair rolls, this was the one I dreaded the most:

I'll be honest, I have never seriously played Abyssal Plains on Ultra-Violence difficulty, and I was not at all ready for how many Hell Knights there were. I almost died despite the power I had, but the Hell Staff put me in a nice position to defend:

On Deimos 6, I found a Firestorm Pack! This would be awesome to finish up my main weapon:

And on the same floor, I found the last Bulk Pack I needed!

An absurd weapon to have at this point in the game:

AND I FOUND ANOTHER ONYX PACK AND A NUKE ON THE SAME FLOOR!

This was absolutely insane! I decided I'd use the extra Onyx Pack for my Duelist Armor when I need to be moving fast, and I'd hang onto the Nuke if I happened to find Invulnerability before a bonus level, particularly Limbo/The Mortuary.

On the next floor, I also found another Agility Pack to add more to my Duelist Armor. On the level-up, I was a bit split to go either Hellrunner 3 or Brute 1, but I was feeling confident Hellrunner 3 was the right choice.

I also found a Bulk Pack for Chainsaw. I had planned to make Piercing Chainsaw, but all the crazy finds earlier side-tracked me for other uses. Fortunately, this is the best choice for single Mod Packs:

Taking off Cerberus Boots, I was looking pretty fast and cheesed the Angel of Death:

Thankfully, I rolled Limbo:

Nearby was an Agility Pack to boost up the speed of my Red Armor, which could be important:

I had a Berserk Pack nearby, and used an Envirosuit, giving my all the protection I needed while melting the Archviles back:

Once I controlled the centre, I just had to slowly pick off the enemies around. From this point, it was my game to win:

My inventory was looking nice too:

I found an Invulnerability and decided to use my Nuke on the next floor:

As it turns out, it was a pretty good floor to nuke too:

And the rest of the game was more melting away all the enemies. I had the opportunity to go for a full win, but I opted not to.

Here's the mortem:

Happy to have earned this badge! I'm now at 24/26 for Platinum Badges, only missing Strongman and Demonic because like Elite, I don't really enjoy playing standard games, but I'm feeling more obligated to get them done now.
v0.9.9.7G: [43|26/26/26/24/21/4]
Pages: [1]