Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 04:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: (0.9.9.8 BETA 1) [M|AoLT|100%|YAAM] Wonkiness and Bugs  (Read 2140 times)

Icy

• Second Lieutenant
  • First-try Veteran Angelic Badge
    • View Profile
(0.9.9.8 BETA 1) [M|AoLT|100%|YAAM] Wonkiness and Bugs
« on: September 06, 2023, 19:35 »

Tonight, I decided to do a more thorough game of the new version and still having a lot of limitations on what modes I can play, I went for a pure Angel of Light Travel. I was considering going for a conqueror, but I quickly remembered that the inventory space doesn't quite allow for it. Despite that, I got pretty close anyway.

Like Omega Tyrant reported, I had the same freeze regarding killing streaks, where you can clearly see that I took damage but didn't lose my kill streak. I'm thinking that it's just the current value that's bugged.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some Schematics. Like I suggested, I'm not a fan of these since it doesn't let games be truly independent. Newer players still collecting all the assemblies definitely could use the extra Mod Pack more than I would too.

Hellrunner + Tactical Armor appear to be working correctly here for the dodging bonus. I would like to see it change while running too though.

I encountered a lever that blows up walls and was expecting a single explosion sound like Omega Tyrant described. It seems like each wall tile individually made the sound as I felt like I was about to go deaf.

I found a nuke and blew up Containment Area, but then also triggered the trap. I mentioned this in the suggestions thread, but overlooked nuking the level should disable the trap.

I wasn't intending to enter Abyssal Plains, but found both Trigun and Invulnerability on the floor before lol.

Similar to Containment Area, this map is a little buggy when you blow it up first.

I encountered a darkness level! Everything seemed to work as intended with stair sense not working, no respawns, and the darkness was maintained. Very cool!

I also found Mjollnir. Having tossed Chainsaw earlier, this opened up yet another possibility for conquering a level. However, finding this seemed to be more of a curse as I later found.

This was a goofy weapon to be using against the Cyberdemon, but I made it work.

Having not used Mjollnir before, I noticed that alternate firing visually showed its range. Is this new to the version or is this normal?

My kill streak increased to 108 it seems.

Example of Demons still getting stuck.

So, I considered getting Brute to help kill the Angel of Death, but opted to go for Ironman after all the Angel Arm usage. Luckily, I learned reading the wiki that Brute wouldn't help with accuracy anyway when using Throw. I also learned that its accuracy was far less than 50% and I circled the level a pile of times trying to kill the Angel of Death with cheese. A lot of the hits I ended up getting were standard melee hits. Mjollnir sucks.

I got a message saying "You don't have a Longinus Spear!", which I don't recall seeing before. Is this normal? Is this new? I'm guessing it might be for first time pickups of exotics and uniques?

With no way to clear the Vaults without Invulnerability, I opted to go for 100% kills and skip conqueror.

With low maximum HP, I was definitely not checking what spawned over here.

Bad mistake having a barrel blow up on me and get dumped into a pool of lava, but I was able to survive. I had range issues with Nano-Shrapnel Double Shotgun and remembered why I never make the assembly in that base.

Archviles dying to fluids is a huge nerf, but I think a very good balance change. I made good use of it here.

The rest of the game wasn't particularly interesting. I cleared out the last few floors, then blew up the Spider Mastermind using another Angel Arm. Got a good pile of badges and medals for this game.

---

v0.9.9.7G: [43|26/26/26/24/21/4]
Pages: [1]