Chaosforge Forum

• June 16, 2024, 00:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Trait Build Orders (General)  (Read 17788 times)

Visalos

• First Sergeant
  • Former Imp
    • View Profile
Re: Trait Build Orders (General)
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2009, 03:24 »

Angel of Impatience: Straight melee build. The ability to dominate souls with your fists AND the abilty to shoot them lots?=WIN. It's AoB, only WAY easier. I hope I haven't irritated people by posting so plainly :P
The demons will never forget the Marine who charged -screaming- through seven layers of hell wearing nothing but a nuke and blue boots.

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2009, 03:29 »

The "Melee build only not" is a good one as long as you're skilled enough to do a traitless run. If you can beat vanilla UV but not AoI HNTR then I'd fully back Visalos's suggestion.
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

Visalos

• First Sergeant
  • Former Imp
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2009, 03:42 »

In other words, if you suck. Thanks, Thomas, I'm gonna go cry over here :_(
The demons will never forget the Marine who charged -screaming- through seven layers of hell wearing nothing but a nuke and blue boots.

Toan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 04:45 »

So...just your generic AoB build, but still use weapons? huh...well...i'd have never of thought of that...I can beat Vanilla HNTR, just about to try and see if i can beat HMP Vanilla
Cacodemon Sergeant
[11/3/1/0/0]

Frankosity

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2009, 13:37 »

hmm...what type of build would you use for AoI? Your standard weapons build (chaingun, anyone?) or one that captilizes on the health restrictions (Iro + Badass)?

EDIT: For anyone who wants to see how badly i play and even worse on AoI because i like my med-packs thankyouverymuch, there's a vid in the Chaosforge Dosrecorder Vids section.

I managed to beat it a couple weeks ago with this build:

EE->EE->Int->Int->Int->SoB->SoB->SoB->EE->

Basically I used the extra ammo space you get for firing wildly into the murk, although that became unneccessary once I got Int 3, then I just focused on raising my damage with my chaingun/plasma rifle and killing things before they got within sight range of me. For the Cyberdemon, I  was lucky enough to find a thermonuke, but Int 3 would probably be fine for hitting it from a distance with rockets or BFG shots.

Dervis

• Nightmare Berserker
  • Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2009, 11:42 »

Just my opinions on a few of the traits:

Tough as Nails - In DoomRL damage bonus > defense but there is a 'hidden' effect on this talent that's makes it extra tasty: It makes armor last longer. I usually find that 1 point in TaN is enough to keep me equipped in decent armor. If you're the kind of player that rarely gets hit and have a backpack full of armor there are better traits.

Eagle Eye - Yes EE is awesome but the only weapon that NEEDS EEx3 is the Plasma Gun (and Berettax6). EEx2 is enough for everything else unless you want high accuracy WHILE running.

Intuition x3 - It takes some fun out of the game.

As for builds, i'm a plasma gun lover (there are a lot of cells on N!)so:
SoB -> EE -> SoB -> EE -> (cateye or intuition) -> SoB -> defense from now on

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2009, 02:33 »

Eagle Eye - Yes EE is awesome but the only weapon that NEEDS EEx3 is the Plasma Gun (and Berettax6). EEx2 is enough for everything else unless you want high accuracy WHILE running.
Minigun.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]