Chaosforge Forum

• April 28, 2024, 12:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Berserk revised, or Gargulec's bit crazy idea for spicing AoB up  (Read 16794 times)

OsloWoodworks

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Berserk revised, or Gargulec's bit crazy idea for spicing AoB up
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2010, 05:05 »

The issue I see with this berserk system is that 3/4s of the proposed berserk levels are strict downgrades from current berserk pack bonuses.

If I understand correctly, Berserk status gives X2 Melee damage, +40% move speed, +40% attack speed, and -75% to damage taken.

This is enough to two-shot just about anything already with the chainsaw, even before the Brute bonuses.  If you get the Longinus Spear, it's usually enough to one-shot everything with just the X2 damage bonus.  So for the most part, the bonus damage is overkill.  Autohit's not necessary either, since Brute(3) gives 98% melee accuracy.

The damage drain is a bit much too, since seconds pass by very quickly.  Losing even 2% per second will drop HP by 20-40% just crossing small rooms.  Not to mention knockback from former sergeants, losing HP just trying to close in.

The bonus damage proposed would help when limited to combat knives and fists, as that's when it'd be useful before the Chained Court.  The problem with that implementation is that consecutive berserk packs early on are very rare, and Berserker trait doesn't open up until level 3 at the earliest, so it'd be very tough to get any rolling bonus going before the Chained Court.

Maybe if AoB greatly increased berserk pack spawns this concept (cumulative bonuses) would work to make the early game easier, but right now there feels like a good balance on berserk effects.

Stormlock

• Elder
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Berserk revised, or Gargulec's bit crazy idea for spicing AoB up
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2010, 12:05 »

What about adding knockback resistance to the levels? Seems very in theme to me and would be quite useful.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All