Chaosforge Forum

• April 28, 2024, 00:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Garden of The Dark PBF - Main Thread  (Read 30848 times)

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
Re: Garden of The Dark PBF - Main Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2010, 08:31 »

So you got up and eventually regained senses, despite the pain radiating from few grazes and scratches realizing that your fate could be much worse than this. It could be raining, could it not ?
And as you stand on your own legs and discuss matters of acting further, you also get to understand why was the day so sultry.

Raindrops. They fall one by one as the downpour gets closer and closer with a loud rustle. After a while you are all soaking wet.
What's more, water pouring from the sky extinguishes the fire consuming a shipwreck half-dug in the mountain's wall. With a noisy hiss, the coiling column of white-yellow smoke gets even more thick... thick and visible from afar.

In the distance, you can hear the rolling thunder.

The harbinger of things to come...

Gargulec

• High Priest of the Forge
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2010, 15:06 »

Sulyen quickly regained her wits, even if she was still all sore. She looked at the night sky, wondering how long it was since she was in the wilds for the last time.

Definitely too long, she decided after a while. And while she was still humiliated and disgraced, she felt better than for the last few years.

Then, she reminded herself of her duties. Without a word, she took off her blood soaked, torn robes, and pulled off a new suit from her backpack. It was tight environmental bodyglove, painted in camouflaging patterns. She quickly changed into it.

'Master' she finally spoke, with her usual weak voice, albeit bit more confident than before. 'What are your orders for me?'
And greater honour is well due to them
when they foresee (and many of them foresee)
that in the end Ephialtes will appear,
that after all the Persian shall break through.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2010, 15:49 »

The Ork held up the skull by one of the cables hanging from it, giving it a light shake. "Huh. Might recover somethin' from it. Ain't gonna be mem'ry, though," he said with a chuckle, and quickly set to work prying what mechanical pieces he could out of the servo-skull, and stuffing what he could get into his backpack, apparently not concerned much with the rain. He just jumped out of a shuttle with no parachute, some water wasn't about to worry him.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2010, 16:15 »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ramirez seemed to be quite anxious in gesture but his face expressed nothing but determination. He walked nearer a tree to at least partially cover himself from rain.

"I shall repeat my question, although I do mind doing so. What in your opinion, Sulyen, should we do now, as our main goal is to reach the nearest safe place, probably an army's outpost. Before, I considered staying here for a while to get some rest. However, in this circumstances, I mean the rainfall, it is possible that we should better leave immediately without attracting any unnecessary attention. I would rather prefer avoiding combat situations.
I strongly hope you will be able to pinpoint the direction. What say you then?"

"If you have anything to say in this matter, Ork, I shall also listen to your opinion." - he added towards the Ork after hearing Sulyen's answer.
Space Marines never die, they just go to Hell to regroup.
Blood! Blood for the Blood God!

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2010, 16:26 »

Sulyen nodded.

'Master, do you have any sort of map that would give us the location to the army camp? Otherwise, it would be hard for us to find it, not to mention possible danger of being attacked by Orks or wildlife' she said. 'Also, I am afraid that this rainfall won't stop soon, and will repeat daily. We need to accustom to it.'

She looked around.

'We should move in case someone is tracking the shot down vehicle, but not too far. Then, we could start reconnaissance.'

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2010, 02:21 »

These words are barely out of Sulyen's lips as distant taunting comes to your ears.

"Ya make haste, dem 'ummiez gotta be cloze !"
"Left-right-r... Uhm. One-tw-... Whatevuh. Muv yr assez, puny scumz !"
"Orkz ! Orkz ! Orkz !"
"Orkz high !"
"For da war-boss ! Skulwhacka izz da bestest !"
"Go high yaself, shithed !"

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2010, 11:43 »

As soon as the Arbitrator heard the enemies' outcry he got up and immediately prepared to set off saying meanwhile:
"Enemies are approaching, move-move-move team! Grab your gear and go! I bet there is too many of them! Let's get the Hell out of this place!
Eldar, you're leading the way. I doubt if you consider it possible for us to defeat them in battle however if you do, then find a place to prepare an ambush.
Otherwise, just get us as far away from here as you can."

Ramirez prepared his gun and examined the rear for hostile Orks while retreating.

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2010, 13:34 »

The mekboy looked downright disheartened by the prospect of retreat, though he grabbed up his sack of shiny bits and his weapons in short order, following the two humies.

"Awh, can't we stick around an' shoot at dem for a bit? Just a little?" he objected, bringing up the rear of the retreat.
12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2010, 14:23 »

'Your will, master.' she whispers, picking up her backpack.

She takes the lead and trying to avoid the orks, she leads the team out of the area.

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2010, 15:55 »

The Arbitrator grinned towards the Ork and said:
"There shall be plenty of other opportunities to shoot at them. But as you have already noticed those bad Orks are just too many for us to manage. At this moment attracting their attention is not a good idea I suppose, for they would tear us apart. Agreed?"

"You know Sulyen, I appreciate your commitment, but you should really speak your mind more often. I mean it. For example now." - told Ramirez to the Eldar after a minute of silent retreat. On his face there could be seen a flash of boredom immediately replaced with anxiety caused by the nearby danger.

As he was following the Eldar survivalist he was also scouting around the area on their sides, leaving the rear to the Ork.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2010, 15:11 »

After some time, around half an hour of hasty climbing through the mud and smooth, wet stone, after falling to your knees several times - you make it to the mountain spire, barely catching breaths and seeing each other in the mist. Tired, dirty, scared and wet to the last scrap of material, yet it seems like your luck didn't run out yet - your foes were left in the rear, and your footsteps vanished in the intensive rain. Beasts' howling of disappointment still echo in the distance, the only way they can reach you... for now.

It remains a secret, how Sulyen did manage to forecast the direction orks were coming from. But this matter does not have much to concern you, for at least you are still alive, free and breathing - although breathing shallow, definitely in need for a rest, at least only for a while.

The planet's weather conditions are not going to give up, all in all, not to mention giving you some time to regain your senses. It's still raining heavily, streams of water pouring down the spire, stronger and stronger. Lightning flashes are still visible, roaring thunders almost deafening because of the height you are at...

A lightning bolt turns the nearby tree into a huge torch. It burns for a while, then extinguishes in the downpour.

The dense mist and inpierceable darkness covers everything. One couldn't see a tip of his nose. In the daylight, the mountain top would make for a perfect lookout point.

But... it's night.
The bloody darkest night. Who dares to check what lurks in the dark ? Who makes it back outside to tell the tale ?

And you have no clue of where to go now.
It's a matter of time before your foe finds you. Pray for it being orks.

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2010, 15:36 »

Ramirez was almost exhausted when they finally reached the spire. He shook off his backpack, heavily sat on a stone and said:
"Brake... A short brake..."

After a while spent on deep breathing and massaging his neck, the Arbitrator continued:
"OK now... I think we should set a camp somewhere here, possibly in a place with some cover. I'm thinking of something like a great rock, a cave, or a bunch of dense bushes. As you have already noticed, this spire is a good lookout." - Then the Arbitrator turned directly towards the Eldar -"Sulyen, you did great job leading us here, thank you." - After that he paused for a while, staring at the horizon.

"With the dawn we should be able to spot some signs of civilisation - an allied outpost, I hope. At the moment, we have other issues to manage with.
Sulyen, please find the best place to set our camp nearby.
Ork, maybe you have some suggestions, or just want to speak your thoughts?"

Zenth stood up, covered his gear to protect it from rain. Then he took his gun and started guarding the area, picking up his eyes and ears to notice ahead any danger.

Gargulec

• Local Inquisitor
  • Brigadier General
  • Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2010, 04:50 »

Hearing the words of his commander, Sulyen bowed her head in obedience. She fatigued by the march- apparently she fell out of shape during last few years.

'Your will, Master'she said, and quickly glanced at the surroundings, looking for an appropriate spot for the camp. Soon, she found one: a huge rock that protected (at least a little) against the wind and rain.

Within minutes, she managed to set up a strange-looking tent there. Next few minutes she spent on burring some strange device in the dirt nearby. Finally, she approached Ramirez.

'I did what I could, master' she reported, panting heavily. 'The are seems to be safe.'

Xander Morhaime

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Colonel
  • Boot to the head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2010, 14:50 »

"I be thinkin' we could've thumped dem boyz but good," the Ork replied with a snort, stubby ears twitching as he stood in the rain. The long run didn't seem to have tired him the slightest bit. Neither did the rain, for that matter... of course that meant if there were Orks in pursuit, they might be expected to have similar stamina.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 14:51 by Xander Morhaime »

Aramilllion

• Lance Corporal
  • Metal heals my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2010, 16:13 »

Zenth nodded towards the Eldar.
"Very good, that is just what I was thinking about."

"Before deciding anything, we should have a meal. Unfortunately a cold one, as setting fire would rather not be a clever idea."

Ramirez sat with his teammates and consumed one portion of his rations. He was very tired and ate in silence, but still tried to examine around for any sign of danger during the meal. When he finished, he thought some issue through and then said:
"OK now, there is my plan: first watch is yours" - the Arbitrator pointed out his Ork companion - "I am afterwards, and you are last, Sulyen."

Zenth stood up and started walking towards the tent. He clapped the Ork's shoulder and wished him luck -"Keep your eyes and ears open wide, my big, green fellow. Wake me up when the time comes."

In the tent, before falling asleep the Arbitrator told Sulyen - "Get some rest. We set off at the dawn."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5