General > Graveyard

Hackmaster 4e OOC

<< < (3/45) > >>

Motorheadbanger:
I didn't mean anything bad. It's just the lack of skill in language, I guess.

raekuul:
I am now tempted to roll 9's across the board and make that work.

Malek Deneith:
An important note that might be easy to overlook at first - you don't calculate your starting honor until Step 11 of the character creation process! You also don't apply Charisma bonus/penalty to Comeliness (if any) until Step 9!

A few more things worth noting:
- if after Step 11 you're in the honor window that gives you +1 to all die rolls that also applies to the rolls you make in later steps (i.e. skill mastery rolls and HP rolls!). The same applies if you're in the window that gives you -1 penalty to all rolls.
- some rolls "penetrate". Penetration happens when you roll a maximum on a die and allows you to roll that die (if you roll 2d4 and they come up 1 and 4 only the second one is rolled again) and add the result -1. And if that result is maximum again you can roll it again and add it -1. This mostly applies to damage and healing rolls, but in character creation skill mastery rolls can penetrate.
- remember that many tables allow you to re-roll the results at cost of 1 BP. Keep an eye out for indications of when you can do it. And of course in cease of doubt - ask.
- if a class or race gives you a skill for free it means you're getting a free skill mastery+honor die roll for it (plus of course the basic stat bonus for first roll). IF said skill has any skill prequisites you get them also, for free, at mastery level of 51% (in general if a skill you want has another as prequisite the prequisite needs to be at mastery of 51+% to qualify). Note that Knight Errants (if you somehow roll high enough to apply for one) got changed and they don't get Armorer and Weaponsmithing skill anymore.
- if you grabbed one of the class books you might find that each of them has a set of tables that allows you to roll to see how your education went - these are OPTIONAL and done after Step 9, but before Step 10. These are a wee bit complicated but sometimes the results can be worth it (When I tried to run HM before I had a Ranger/Cleric character that managed to get 300 xp for his ranger side from fighter tables, and "get bonus cleric spells as if you had 3 more Wisdom" from cleric tables"). Just remember to look over errata for these - for example the final table for magic user training was horribly busted and got re-made in the errata. Ideally, if you decide to brave these consult me over the PM - I know from experience it's easy to get lost in those tables or to overlook some modifier that's mentioned in description but not in tables so I'd prefer to look over rolls made on these.

Aaaand another house rule:
- Skills relating to making a map cease to exist. I don't really see how they can be enforced hence you don't need a skill to draw a map... but you'd still need a geometry related skill (there was one, forgot the name) to get the dinmensions of the corridor/room/whatnot from me.

shark20061:
I'm thinking about joining in, but I don't have much experience (I have more rules knowledge than actual experience, and even that is somewhat limited) and I am not a very good writer/storyteller/roleplayer at all.  But I'm interested.

Malek Deneith:
Well there is still room for more corpses I guess :P PM sent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version