Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 12:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: [IC] The Lesser of Two Heresies.  (Read 113565 times)

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] The Lesser of Two Heresies.
« Reply #330 on: July 20, 2012, 04:25 »

MkLear clears his throat, obviously not too happy to play the role of the speaker on this occasion.

"You wanted to see us?"
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #331 on: July 20, 2012, 14:45 »

On the way over, when Verd's not around to hear it, Lazerus asks no one in particular "Finding the Hounds might be easier than expected. Any ideas on how not to get shot, so far?"

Inside the Seer's cave, Lazerus starts by having a good look at her, again letting others do the talking while keeping his eyes and ears peeled.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 20, 2012, 23:20 »

"Either shoot first or don't shoot at all. That's all I get" - replies HexaDoken to Lazerus.

Mercerenary does not seem interested in Seer. He, actually, tries to keep as much away and shadowed as possible. It is clear that this time he isn't too keen to start a conversation.
2nd Lieutenant Hell Baron, Body Count: 43879
Wins:[1|7|1|0|0] Deaths: [7|90|26|16|2] Badges:[18|10|4|0|0]
Highest Score: 214763
Currently Doing: AoB HNTR

Sylith

« Reply #333 on: July 21, 2012, 04:52 »

As woman kneels before the fireplace to fuel the flame, you can notice a strange band on her face, covering eyes. Kinda like blind people wear - although she seems to see you clearly when she turns around and looks at you. Her smile is like her voice, calm and soothing, but also a little unfamiliar. Robes she wears almost entirely cover her body.
“I cannot recall summoning you here, but I understand guards are a little paranoid about newcomers... or me. Come in. And close the door please, I might live in a cave, but cleaning the dust from the streets is really nothing pleasing.”
You can sense a little allusion as she talks about the dust. About shoes, maybe?
She stands up and turns to few shelves on the wall to take a vial from one of them.
“But you surely want something from me. Looking for someone, right? And your friend will definitely need some help with his wound...”

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 22, 2012, 13:07 »

Upon being mentioned, HexaDoken gives the Seer a blank stare. He then resumes looking at The Big Nothing.

It is hard to tell mercerenary's feelings, unlike it usually is.

Sylith

« Reply #335 on: July 23, 2012, 01:24 »

"Or not", she says not so friendly anymore, and the bottle returns to the shelf with a loud clatter. "And one would think that The Bald Man does not hire people whose main trait is arrogance. Feel free to enjoy your backache and ignore my help, just do not ask for it later, if it does not suit you so badly. Maybe others will have a little more courtesy than you, Sixth One."
She crossed her arms, waiting for response. After all, what mercenary shows is quite unusual way of responding to an invitation and an offer of help.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:39 by Sylith »

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 23, 2012, 12:54 »

HexaDoken raises an eyebrow, looking at the Seer. Those who saw his eyes could tell that HexaDoken both expected and unexpected such behaviour from the woman, no matter how much contradictory that sounds. Mercerenary then signs and resumes staring in the nothingness once again, this time with a smile on his face.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #337 on: July 23, 2012, 13:26 »

"..the Bald Man does not hire people whose main trait is arrogance.."

Although his face remains impassive, Lazerus is suddenly rudely jerked out of his examination. If he had any hairs in his neck - which have been bred out of his bloodline many generations ago- they'd be standing on end.

Oblivious of HexaDoken's paradoxal feelings, he asks- calm as ever "Just what do you think you know about us?"

Sylith

« Reply #338 on: July 23, 2012, 14:18 »

She raises her head a little. Gentle smile on her thin lips is almost unnoticeable.
Wood crackles in a fireplace. Warm half-light it gives is really soothing.
"You really do want to have this conversation in a hallway and fully armored, do you not, Lizard?" she asks, making an inviting gesture with her hand. Shadows move on walls along with flames in a hearth.
"I know more than you can think I do, though you need not to fear... Unless I will have to keep speaking so loudly about it. Will you finally come in and draw that curtain or do you enjoy a little risk of people eavesdropping?"
She didn't say it directly, but something in the tone of her voice suggested she didn't like to ask twice. You can notice it's neatly warm in a cave compared to coldness outside.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 14:26 by Sylith »

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #339 on: July 23, 2012, 14:26 »

Hesitantly, Lazerus steps deeper into the cave, taking in the undoubtedly strange interior. His right hand remains hovering in the vicinity of his autopistol the entire time, as if looking for an excuse to draw.

When the last of the group is in and the curtains closed, he takes another good look at the Seer and says "We were told to see you.". It sounds like a question, even though the inflection isn't there.

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 24, 2012, 01:25 »

Hestiantly as well, HexaDoken follows the lizardman in. He stays near the curtain and sighs. Mercerenary then takes a look at his backpack, looking for something, but shortly after he weighs it back on the shoulder and sighs once again.

Sylith

« Reply #341 on: July 24, 2012, 05:42 »

Woman smiles again and takes a few steps to the fireplace. Now it's clear what was she leaned against - a table. And on the table there is a knife and few already disemboweled fishes.
Waiting for everyone to come in and make themselves comfortable, she puts a grill on top of the fire, then meat on the grill. Her hands are pale and soft, strangely soft. Long, artistic fingers...
It's brighter near the fire, so you can see the band on her eyes more clearly - material it's made of is thick and black. And dull compared to embroiders on in - simple pattern, made of purple and green thread which shimmers in light. It looks expensive and for sure was not made in Underhive. On the other side, Seer's robes fit description of an Hive exile perfectly. They're long and tattered, in a few layers... and dusty. 
As fishes start to roast, an appetizing smell slowly fills the small cave. Not as nice as smell of a clean, healthy fish from a feral world, but still can make a person drool.
There are no stools to sit on. Only the floor. Nearly enough place for five people.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 05:44 by Sylith »

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 24, 2012, 05:50 »

At last MkLear breaks his uncharacteristic silence.

"You're a psyker, right? But unless I'm mistaken, that's not why you say you know about us. I was hoping we will find a..." he hesitates briefly. "A friend here."
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

Sylith

« Reply #343 on: July 24, 2012, 08:04 »

"Maybe. Or maybe not" she responds shortly, standing on her toes to take few ceramic mugs from the highest shelf. You can notice she's barefoot. "But first, you have something that feels familiar, although I am not yet sure, what it might be..."
She stops for a while, pouring some clean water into cups. She gives them to you and speaks again while handling the mug to the red-haired mercenary.
"Would you be so nice to enlighten me in that matter?"
Once again she acts like she can perfectly see you and all the surroundings, though the band on her eyes really doesn't look like a transparent one.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:35 by Sylith »

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 24, 2012, 09:12 »

"We aren't asking each other for help, right?" - says HexaDoken before taking the cup with one hand and drinking a bit. His other hand takes a gemstone out of the jacket. Mercerenary holds it between himself and the Seer, his look freezed on the jewel.

"If this isn't it," - says he after a few seconds, - "then I'm out of ideas."
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27