Chaosforge Forum

• April 28, 2024, 07:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Proposed Feature - Challenge Modes  (Read 54008 times)

Excrucior

• Private FC
    • View Profile
Proposed Feature - Challenge Modes
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2006, 18:57 »

Hello,

I got an idea that I thought of out of boredom while reading this topic...

Angel of can'tthinkofadecentname:<

--

Whenever you kill a monster, there is a certain chance (let's say 10%) that it will revive as either an easier version of itself (example: a Hell knight would ressurect as a Hell knight with half HP and without it's ability to throw balls (but can use weapons it finds on the ground?)) or a lost soul (or possibly a mix - lower level enemies could respawn as Lost Souls, and higher to weaker versions of themselves, or possibly all demonoid monsters could respawn as 'normal' demons). Monsters can't respawn more then once this way.

--

The cyberdemon is killed! Suddenly the Cyberdemon stands up again! Oh how cruel that would be. Hope it's not a to bad idea :).

EDIT:

Anyhow, thought of this one aswell,

Angel of Death

--

You can not leave a level unless you have got 100% kills on that level. Guaranteed to give you 100% by the end of the game :). Exceptions to this would be levels like The Wall which you are not guaranteed to be able to reach all enemies in.

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2006, 22:31 »

There you go, I consolidated your two posts into one. Enjoy.

I like the idea of the Angel of Death!

The other one seems to me to be really really evil like hard, But thats why its called a challenge mode :-)

Welcome to the forums!

Thomas

• DoomRL Wiki and Testing Ops
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Major General
  • How's it going?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2006, 11:32 »

Can the angel of ICTOADN ressurect a ressurected monster?

The cyberdemon dies!
The cyberdemon comes back at half health.
The cyberdemon dies!
The cyberdemon comes back at half health.

Thomas the level 8 soldier exploded of frustration on level 20 of the phobos base. He killed 1783 enemies and 12 cyberdemons, and survived 25492 turns.

On level 19 he found hellish caves.
Then he finally found the phobos arena.
There he killed the cyberdemon.There he killed the cyberdemon.There he killed the cyberdemon.There he killed the cyberdemon.There he killed the cyberdemon.There he killed the cyberdemon.There he killed the cyberdemon.There he killed the cyberdemon.There he killed the cyberdemon.There he killed the cyberdemon.There he killed the cyberdemon.There he killed the cyberdemon.
He then exploded out of frustration.

lol.
Arch-Vile Chaos Major Thomas
[26/26/26/25/9/1]
Medals: 35/43 Specials: 69/67 Assemblies: 36/40

Excrucior

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2006, 11:55 »

Quoting: Thomas
Can the angel of ICTOADN ressurect a ressurected monster?

As said,
Quoting: Excrucior
Monsters can't respawn more then once this way.

Also it'd be more The cyberdemon dies! The cyberdemon stands back up! The Cyberdemon dies! The cyberdemon stands back up! (After approx 200 deaths he'd die by you punching him ;))

Obscillesk

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2006, 03:12 »

Hahah, reminds me of a Diablo level that bugged out and had no exit, I felt like exploding out of frustration :)

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2006, 09:30 »

Quoting: Excrucior
Also it'd be more The cyberdemon dies! The cyberdemon stands back up! The Cyberdemon dies! The cyberdemon stands back up! (After approx 200 deaths he'd die by you punching him ;))

Harhar it BURNS

Technically he would keep dieing per punch, The game would just keep dividing his health value untill it hits a variable with some 36 digits in it, At which point the game will crash.

Thats why I think its important to build a "Let him die once, Rise again and get killed again. Then he will die, And not a moment before" counter.

--

Quoting: Obscillesk

Hahah, reminds me of a Diablo level that bugged out and had no exit, I felt like exploding out of frustration :)

It does have an exit, Only said exit is over the pit of lava that you so buggily got teleported across..

It hasent happened in diablo for me yet, But in other games..I sympathise.

Even though it wasent a bug, I was playing an RTS, Airlifted my mission critical infantry unit to a remote corner where he would be safe and my damned transport which I couldent get another one of got shot down..So there I was stuck forever!

Mihilist

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2006, 12:41 »

Quoting: Anticheese
Technically he would keep dieing per punch, The game would just keep dividing his health value untill it hits a variable with some 36 digits in it, At which point the game will crash.

If it is an integer variable it will (assuming that it is a possitiv number *g*) be divided an round, until it is 1, divided by 2 is 0.

And if he comes back to life with a health of 0, he probably will not even need a punch to die *g*

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2006, 21:30 »

Quoting: Mihilist
1, divided by 2 is 0.

Ever played with a scientific calculator? Games are like that.

You dont divide 1 and get 0, You get .5, Then .25, Then .1125 or something like that, And so on and so forth.

Lexman

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2006, 06:23 »

heres another one

Rouge Imp

You are a imp and you can do whatever an imp can do but a couple of times better than normal imps and there is a lot more enemies but the enemies are all imps (exept the cyberdemon).

The every monster an imp might not be that good so its flexible.
P.s. if you think of a better name please post it

Ark

« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2006, 19:09 »

Just an idea or two

Blind Eye - Areas outside of your field of vision will always look like walls(or something else).

Unnerved - All ranged weapons have a higher chance of missing.

Horrid Curse (Desperate need of renaming)- Monsters around you (2 squares around) have a chance of taking 1d2 damage every turn, however, healing items that are used instantly (such as Small health globes, berserk packs, invunurabilty globes, supercharge globes, ect.) have a chance of doing nothing, or less then normal, or damaging you by a small fraction of what it heals. With no Ironman, A supercharge may take you just from 100% to 120% or to 90% and berserk packs may just heal you and whatnot.

Sacrifice - At the end of every level, one or two of your items of a certain group (Such as usable, or amm or guns or armor) are put in a list, then some chosen at random are confinscated and destroyed.

Dazed State of mind - After ten steps, the next six make you move in a random direction, then they start to loop.

Weak body(Also needs chainging) - Melee damage(if you ever use it) is reduced, and every bullet that hits you (not imp or BOH shots, but from a pistol, shotgun, chaingun, and so on) will cause you to start bleeding

JimmyJ

• Major
  • Integrated Circuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2006, 21:27 »

Quoting: Ark
Blind Eye - Areas outside of your field of vision will always look like walls(or something else).

Oooh, that would make me clausterphobic
Howdy.

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2006, 21:35 »

Quoting: jimmyj
Oooh, that would make me clausterphobic

Actually this feature is already in ^_^. I was once requested to create a "blondmode" version, with enhancements for blind people, and one of the requests was that only what is in the line of sight is visible. In the next release you will be able to activate blindmode by setting BLINDMODE = TRUE; in the ini-file.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Ark

« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2006, 00:01 »

The idea came to me in a clausterphobic moment!

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2006, 22:05 »

This idea came to me when thinking about (in this order): Nethack, Terry Prattchet's Discworld novels (In particular, The ones featuring Twoflower), Red vs Blue

And here it is:

Rose tinted Spectacles - Everything you see is in a shade of pink.

Rose tinted Ears - In place of the sounds of viscera being torn out of people, Demons screaming and in general the melodious sounds of hell..
You will instead hear cute things, Like teddy bears and the likes.

Rose tinted Eyes - Everything you see is cute. Imps become little guys with pitchforks, Pinkies become the most adorable teddy bear. And I wont even touch on the Cyberdemon.

Rose tinted Brain - You find yourself reluctant to fire a weapon, Its just not in you! You suffer a small chance to just plain not shoot, And a larger chance to really balls-up the shot by fireing into a random direction with a +30% miss chance.

--

Q&A

Q - Are you gay?

A - No

Q - Then where did you get this idea?

A - Terry Pratchetts book The Colour of Magic and others, There was a guy called Twoflower who "Didint just look at the world through Rose Tinted Glasses, He heard them through Rose Tinted Ears and inerpreted it with a Rose Tinted Brain"

How this idea came to be:

Nethack - Thinking about the expensive cameras and how they are tied in to Twoflowers camera -> Discworld books -> RedvsBlue (About Doughnut, The gay guy)

JimmyJ

• Major
  • Integrated Circuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2006, 04:30 »

Buuuut, just how would this affect gameplay?? And the ears one would make DooMRL a bigger download (for those with 56k's like me) and the eyes would mean that Kornel would need to find new pictures to put into the pic to ascii program!
Howdy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10