Other Roguelikes > Berserk!

Berserk! 0.8 - Release Candidate 1

<< < (2/3) > >>

Anticheese:
Neat! I'll take a look at it but I can't post my impressions until Saturday (or Friday depending on where you are) as I have a sailing regatta to attend.

Thanks for the roguelikes!

Blade:

--- Quote from: Kornel Kisielewicz on January 14, 2007, 00:29 ---About the gameplay - any idea why level one is so hard? One advice -- do not take Ironman if anything else is available. Ironman is there ONLY to avoid a situation where you can't choose any other trait. Hence is practicaly useless. Better take Running instead -- IMHO it's a MUST for any game.

--- End quote ---

I see that IM is useless, but Running requires EN*2 so in game Str:14 Dex:12 End:10 Will:10 i just cannot pick it before i raise my End by 2 points.

--- Quote from: Kornel Kisielewicz on January 14, 2007, 00:29 ---Second thing -- usage of items is important. Kill hunters with knives/crossbow, use bombs/cannon each time you see a big lump of monsters (running helps to position yourself for that).

--- End quote ---

I use items in every opportuninty.

--- Quote from: Kornel Kisielewicz on January 14, 2007, 00:29 ---Third -- you have a LOT of unused weapons in your mortem... looks like you don't know the r/R reload keys? ALWAYS reload at the first breather you have after emptying the magazine. This is especialy important in the case of the Cannon, which is a true lifesaver.

--- End quote ---

I know how to reload. But you cannot reload in Berserk mode. It was end of the night 4, i used all my Fairy Dusts, and in the end i realized myself with 6 hp, Berserked and with 6 Mandagores left on level. I decided that my life costs more than all that stuff in my backpack, so i fired all my arsenal in them. After that only 3 Mandagores were left(it seems to me that bombs are too weak - i had thrown 5 directly in Mandagores and nobody have died), and i still had one unreloaded shot for Cannon and lots of bolts for crossbow. I still was Berserk, so i run by perimeter of them map to win time while Berserk will deactivate. I run 7(or more) circles, but was still Berserk, so i decided that with so low hp i cannot become normal again.)) So only death or victory in melee remained as choise. I killed first 2 Mandagores, but third killed me. Can Berserk deactivate when you have 6 hp?

--- Quote from: Kornel Kisielewicz on January 14, 2007, 00:29 ---Oh and another one -- with pain at -4 your attacks start to get practicaly useless -- fallback in that case.

--- End quote ---

Yes, i know. You can avoid monsters when you have pain more than -2 even without Running.

--- Quote from: Kornel Kisielewicz on January 14, 2007, 00:29 ---Now for the less enjoying part -- the BUG. Damn, this looks serious. Try to remind yourself of all the things that happened before... was it named "yourself" or "Blade"? Did it move? Did it blink or just stay in one place? How often does that happen?

--- End quote ---

Screenshot was made right after my spawn on the level(you see that message log is empt), maybe even duplicate appered in the same time when i appeared. It was named "yourself(unhurt)". It didn't moved. It just stayed in one place, as wall, without blinking. It happened 3 times - in first game 2 times, and in the last one 1 time. He seemed to be undestroyable(i fired cannon at him, but haven't noticed, if his status changed from unhurt). Monsters ignored him, but if you stay on one other side of duplicate, and monster stay directly on the opposite side, he don't tries to walk aroung duplicate, he tries to walk through. I remember that in my last game before duplicate appeared i used Alt-Tab to change music in WinAmp(and i played game in full screen every time).

Kornel Kisielewicz:
As I understand, both times it was right after game start?

Blade:
No, as i remember first time it was right after, but second time it appeared only when i returned from Alt-Tab.

Malek Deneith:
@"doppleganger bug" - it happened in my game and it seems that monsters can attack it to hurt YOU. So be warned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version